Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 03:01 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,855,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Listen liberal, lets talk history.
""It was said that if enough sacrifices were not made to Tlaloc he would not bring the rain and the crops would not grow. It was believed that Tlaloc required the tears of the young in order to wet the earth. To that end, children with painful conditions such as cavities, injuries, or bone infections were often picked for the annual sacrifice so that they would cry and offer their tears to Tlaloc.
If the child was not crying, they would sometimes tear off a fingernail in order to prompt them to cry. So far, the remains of 42 children have been discovered, believed to have been sacrificed to Tlaloc. Children, may have also been drowned, a method of death associated with the water god in order to bring about the end to a drought.
The practice horrified visitors to the region. Sahagun wrote in History of the Things of New Spain that in the first month of the year, parents would approve their children for sacrifice and then eat the remains."

https://historycollection.com/400-dr...WXOeVF0whEThjA

There's no such holiday. And if you dont want to acknowledge Columbus Day, I certainly hope you didnt take today off!

This will end up mattering.
In the Peoples Republic of California, as part of the 'ethnic studies curriculum' required for public schools, public school students will be chanting ritual Aztec prayers.. the same religion that engaged in the human sacrifices I noted earlier in this post.
https://timesofsandiego.com/educatio...ZTHm9P0TGbXaUE

Bingo. You are 100% spot on.
No thanks

Old 10-11-2021, 04:17 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
For those defending Columbus Day, stop pretending like you actually care about it either. Its a throw away holiday and always has been. Save your complaints about wokeness for an issue that matters.
It's a throw away holiday to you perhaps because you like the retail sales...but I guess that's all that matters, what you think about it.

Whether one cares about it or not, always smart to let you decide what to complain about so bored, spoiled, misinformed and patronizing racist white people decide what's allowed.

and yet, you living in Philly, where the woke crowd doesn't care about the gun violence and the 430 black homicides so far this year, including almost 30 kids killed.

That's a complaint about wokeness or non-wokeness considering the white woke crowd set-up the current murder and shooting mayhem sweeping the country, especially in Philly.

Exactly what issue is on the table here...not allowed to complain about Columbus Day being in issue by the woke idiots so save it for something else....how about BLL (Black Lives Lost)? Where's the woke crowd on that?

Can't complain about what the woke crowd actual cares about (a Columbus Statue) as they don't care about Philly's current black community crisis...that these idiots created.

Nice.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:27 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times
Quote:
Sorry, don't believe you care about it either. Does someone here have fond childhood Columbus Day memories? Did you and your family get a good deal on a dishwasher from Sears? Do you recall a parade that was ostensible a Columbus Day parade but was actually just a normal parade with HS marching bands and some local beauty pageant winner ridding around in the backseat of a convertible? That is all it is.
Why do you care?...go get your sale deal.

something you don't like so no one else can? but that's how things roll today; I don't like it, no one can have it.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:35 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
I’m fine with whatever people want to do. I don’t care either way.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:35 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post

something you don't like so no one else can? but that's how things roll today; I don't like it, no one can have it.
Bingo

Restraint isn’t possible and everyone is supposed to think and live like they do, lol.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:12 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
That was an interesting post. "Columbus may have done back things in today's view, but dumb lib, it was a different time. Oh but those Aztecs? Savage AF!"
I refuse to feel guilty about European imperialism, even when extremely violent, at the expense of Native American societies when those same Native American societies engaged in extreme violence and imperialism of their own.

At the end of the day, this is about race. The self-hating, anti-white racism of the left that condemns white Europeans for what they did, while elevating non-white civilizations for committing the same sins that the white Europeans are condemned for.

Why should I feel guilt for European civilization coming to this hemisphere and instead celebrate Native barbarism such as ritualistic cannibalism and child sacrifice? Why condemn Spanish imperialism, and yet celebrate Aztec imperialism?

Its yet another perfect example of the intellectual and ethical bankruptcy of contemporary Progressivism.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I refuse to feel guilty about European imperialism, even when extremely violent, at the expense of Native American societies when those same Native American societies engaged in extreme violence and imperialism of their own.

At the end of the day, this is about race. The self-hating, anti-white racism of the left that condemns white Europeans for what they did, while elevating non-white civilizations for committing the same sins that the white Europeans are condemned for.

Why should I feel guilt for European civilization coming to this hemisphere and instead celebrate Native barbarism such as ritualistic cannibalism and child sacrifice? Why condemn Spanish imperialism, and yet celebrate Aztec imperialism?

Its yet another perfect example of the intellectual and ethical bankruptcy of contemporary Progressivism.
Double Bingo

Old 10-11-2021, 06:47 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
Quote:

None of what you posted jives with defending Columbus Day and condemning Indigenous Peoples Day (which does exist, even you cannot acknowledge it). Seems to me you'd want both or neither?

Old 10-11-2021, 06:49 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post

Let me repeat myself again, I don't care either way and I don't actually think you do either so stop pretending this is an issue you care about. You don't celebrate it. You know how I know? Because nobody does.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Let me repeat myself again, I don't care either way and I don't actually think you do either so stop pretending this is an issue you care about. You don't celebrate it. You know how I know? Because nobody does.
Link to nobody celebrating Columbus Day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh