Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 03:56 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I certainly didn’t edit my post. Your comprehension is lacking as I never said I loved the article.

Nah, I love the idea because folks don’t realize that the police are the only ones standing in the way of them and the criminals. They’ll be begging for them beck inside of 2 weeks.
Criminals? It's the only thing standing between "East End" "progressives" and people making noise near their houses. Because you know that they'll be calling the police when that happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 04:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Criminals? It's the only thing standing between "East End" "progressives" and people making noise near their houses. Because you know that they'll be calling the police when that happens.
Bingo. It’s amazing how folks can’t see 5 minutes in front of themselves.

Old 10-20-2021, 04:04 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
As a long time, now former, local elected official here in Maryland government is just like schools. Schools reflect the communities they serve and people elect the government they want.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:05 PM

807 posts, read 617,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
and people elect the government they want.
Although with the footnote, that sometimes those whom the people do NOT elect refuse to accept it, and cry like babies for months and shake the foundations of democracy, but other than that, yea, that's probably correct.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
Although with the footnote, that sometimes those whom the people do NOT elect refuse to accept it, and cry like babies for months and shake the foundations of democracy, but other than that, yea, that's probably correct.
Dems planned to do that if Sleepy Joe lost.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden's 9 month anniversary today. Are Democrats happy so far with his performance?
That's a fair question. Now that we don't have a toddler President ranting on Twitter every day, I, honestly, don't think about the President a lot. The biggest tragedy and failure for the Biden Administration was clearly the withdrawal from Afghanistan and the concomitant loss of U.S. service members, U.S. citizens and Afghans. I don't know what the answer is on that one. Certainly we all mourn the loss of life, and we hope our leaders are making well-reasoned decisions. I think we need to understand the process better, although I dread a Republican takeover of the House and a multi-year, Jim Jordan-led, Benghazi-like inquiry into the issue. If nothing else, I do think that President Biden took responsibility for the failures. Certainly this could have happened under Trump as well, if he had been elected. I can't image he would have handled it well.

In the end, our retirement accounts are at all time highs, we are getting a monthly tax credit for our kid, our health insurance even went down by over 10%, as we finally qualified for a (minor) subsidy under the affordable care act (we purchase UPMC's bronze level plan for two adults and a child. Our monthly cost had been around $676, but it went down to $602 with the new subsidy). Most of our family is vaccinated, and we have accepted the decisions of those family members who have chosen to forego vaccination. Our kid is in full time, in-person school, albeit with a mask. Our kid also participates in two, mask-less afterschool activities.

I'm interested to see what happens with infrastructure and the other spending bills this fall, but (frankly) our lives have never been better.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:29 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Quote:
That's a fair question. Now that we don't have a toddler President ranting on Twitter every day, I, honestly, don't think about the President a lot. The biggest tragedy and failure for the Biden Administration was clearly the withdrawal from Afghanistan and the concomitant loss of U.S. service members, U.S. citizens and Afghans. I don't know what the answer is on that one. Certainly we all mourn the loss of life, and we hope our leaders are making well-reasoned decisions. I think we need to understand the process better, although I dread a Republican takeover of the House and a multi-year, Jim Jordan-led, Benghazi-like inquiry into the issue. If nothing else, I do think that President Biden took responsibility for the failures. Certainly this could have happened under Trump as well, if he had been elected. I can't image he would have handled it well.

In the end, our retirement accounts are at all time highs, we are getting a monthly tax credit for our kid, our health insurance even went down by over 10%, as we finally qualified for a (minor) subsidy under the affordable care act (we purchase UPMC's bronze level plan for two adults and a child. Our monthly cost had been around $676, but it went down to $602 with the new subsidy). Most of our family is vaccinated, and we have accepted the decisions of those family members who have chosen to forego vaccination. Our kid is in full time, in-person school, albeit with a mask. Our kid also participates in two, mask-less afterschool activities.

I'm interested to see what happens with infrastructure and the other spending bills this fall, but (frankly) our lives have never been better.

How much is your deductible with that bronze plan, when i looked at them they were all 5k+

Old 10-20-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
How much is your deductible with that bronze plan, when i looked at them they were all 5k+
Frankly, i'm not sure, but I know it is significant. I basically refer to it as "cancer and car accident" insurance. I mean, if my kid is sick, we go to the pediatrician, and we just know it is going to be a hit. We do probably self-ration care, though. Maybe pennywise and pound foolish.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Interesting how you still bring up because Trump in regards to Sleepy Joes first 9 months, and nobody is forced to open Twitter or any social media he was on….but let’s not forget border crisis, skyrocketing inflation, picking and choosing mandates, virus debacle, etc…, and his approval rating continuing to plummet, which unless something drastic happens there will be a Republican takeover of the House.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Interesting how you still bring up because Trump in regards to Sleepy Joes first 9 months…but let’s not forget border crisis, skyrocketing inflation, picking and choosing mandates, virus debacle, etc…, and his approval rating continuing to plummet, which unless something drastic happens there will be a Republican takeover of the House.
Fair enough. I sorta said to myself, if I was a political consultant, how I could I put the best spin on the Biden Admin -- address biggest failure, highlight some good points, ignore everything else!

Last edited by Doowlle34; 10-20-2021 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: added "how" for clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh