Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 07:05 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,713 times

Advertisements

For all the negatives that have come out of this pandemic. There have been positives. People are stepping back to reevaluate their lives and careers. It sounds like there is a lot of reflection going on and people aren’t going to settle. Hopefully this resets American society and the workforce permanently. Sometimes it takes hardship to change things for the better.

https://triblive.com/news/world/wher...urs-no-influx/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 07:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Yep, free stuff still playing a big part in folks not working.

From the article:

“And after having received three stimulus checks in 18 months, plus federal jobless aid in some cases, most households have larger cash cushions than they did before the pandemic. Greig and her colleagues at JPMorgan found in a study that the median bank balance for the poorest one-quarter of households has jumped 70% since covid hit. A result is that some people are taking time to consider their options before rushing back into the job market.”

Old 10-24-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

From the article:

“And after having received three stimulus checks in 18 months, plus federal jobless aid in some cases, most households have larger cash cushions than they did before the pandemic. Greig and her colleagues at JPMorgan found in a study that the median bank balance for the poorest one-quarter of households has jumped 70% since covid hit. A result is that some people are taking time to consider their options before rushing back into the job market.”
I think it’s a good thing. It’s called freedom

Old 10-24-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I think it’s a good thing. It’s called freedom
Lol. It’s obvious you’re in favor of free stuff, however, it plays a huge part in the skyrocketing inflation, worker shortages, etc…, that we’re seeing. It’s Economics 101.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Lol. It’s obvious you’re in favor of free stuff, however, it plays a huge part in the skyrocketing inflation, worker shortages, etc…, that we’re seeing. It’s Economics 101.
I’m in favor of freedom. People can do what they want. If they have enough money to stay at home and are happy then why work.

It’s gonna get worse too. The babyboomers are going to die off and pass on trillions of wealth to the oldest millennials. Many people are going to be at home and not working in 10 years. No reason to work if you get cash passes down to you.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I’m in favor of freedom. People can do what they want. If they have enough money to stay at home and are happy then why work.

It’s gonna get worse too. The babyboomers are going to die off and pass on trillions of wealth to the oldest millennials. Many people are going to be at home and not working in 10 years. No reason to work if you get cash passes down to you.
Lol. They’re staying home because they’re getting free stuff, hence money is borrowed, printed, etc…, to make up for tax revenue. I know you’re in favor of that lifestyle, however, it’s not sustainable.

And they won’t be sitting on the couch collecting free stuff. They’ll be spending $$$ that’s there’s, not from taxpayers.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:06 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:

From the article:

Double Bingo.

We are just going to be so soft. Lets just hand ourselves to China and be done with it.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Double Bingo.

We are just going to be so soft. Lets just hand ourselves to China and be done with it.
Not long ago they were crying about because Trump giving out 1 stimulus check, and now they’re promoting free stuff a year later, lol. Must’ve gotten used to sitting on the couch.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:07 AM

1,912 posts, read 738,285 times
I read that last year, 61% of filers paid no federal taxes. Let's make that 100%! Cancel taxes. Let the criminals print their money rather than rob taxpayers.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:05 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
For all the negatives that have come out of this pandemic. There have been positives. People are stepping back to reevaluate their lives and careers. It sounds like there is a lot of reflection going on and people aren’t going to settle. Hopefully this resets American society and the workforce permanently. Sometimes it takes hardship to change things for the better.

https://triblive.com/news/world/wher...urs-no-influx/
I did not receive anything but am glad the the poorest among us received assistance. I am really thinking about leaving my current job and focusing on my business. My life has changed dramatically over the past 2 years. Never in a million years would I have predicted this. My 9-5 is in my way. I can never return to the office full time. Seems pointless. I have a brand new office fully furnished and I rarely use it. My contracting is lucrative now and I set the price and call the shots. Its a different world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh