Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 01:45 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
To be honest, you do not know what tribalism is. ITs something you think you read...and here we are.

We dont know who I will vote for because we have not had the primary yet. However, since this is the first time I was asked, in a thread about something else, by someone hundreds of miles away...

I will never vote for fetterman. First reason, he does not represent our values and has no viable plan. He even says so. Second reason, I will not be voting for any democrat for a long time, if ever. I dont care how bad the GOP person is, dont care how good the DNC person is simply because of their behaviour and blatant dishonesty the last 4 years. There has to be consequence for acting like that and I am doing my little part. Im 57, so I dont have a life of election voting ahead of me, so I will do my part. I have voted for plenty of democrats, however, this was before the en-masse gas light we had to endure. For example, you have demonstrated you still believe in 'russia collusion', no matter how many times it was shown to be manufactured by your 'saviouress'. Q. E .D.

However, I am 57, and well educated, and well employed and I would like to think that gives me a leg up on any decision I make - regardless of subject. Anyone, who after the last 4 years, supports anyone on the left not named Manchin, is the worst type of partisan drone known and should not be trusted. In fact, you can make a case that they would require proper supervision in plain old life tasks.

That about cover it?
Bingo…and I love how the Russia collusion nonsense continues to get played, lol.

Old 12-02-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
He's not having the best roll-out:
So Dems should love him running as a Republican, but blame him because Trump and insisting he lives in NJ

Old 12-02-2021, 03:37 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
Quote:
To be honest, you do not know what tribalism is. ITs something you think you read...and here we are.

We dont know who I will vote for because we have not had the primary yet. However, since this is the first time I was asked, in a thread about something else, by someone hundreds of miles away...

I will never vote for fetterman. First reason, he does not represent our values and has no viable plan. He even says so. Second reason, I will not be voting for any democrat for a long time, if ever. I dont care how bad the GOP person is, dont care how good the DNC person is simply because of their behaviour and blatant dishonesty the last 4 years. There has to be consequence for acting like that and I am doing my little part. Im 57, so I dont have a life of election voting ahead of me, so I will do my part. I have voted for plenty of democrats, however, this was before the en-masse gas light we had to endure. For example, you have demonstrated you still believe in 'russia collusion', no matter how many times it was shown to be manufactured by your 'saviouress'. Q. E .D.

However, I am 57, and well educated, and well employed and I would like to think that gives me a leg up on any decision I make - regardless of subject. Anyone, who after the last 4 years, supports anyone on the left not named Manchin, is the worst type of partisan drone known and should not be trusted. In fact, you can make a case that they would require proper supervision in plain old life tasks.

That about cover it?

While I appreciate your old man word spaghetti, tribalism isn't about ideology, its the need to defend someone on your side, for any reason, to the death. That is what you are doing with the residency issue. Just say isn't a Pennsylvanian but you would vote for him anyway, end of story.

What is it about this forum that attracts old angry people?

Old 12-02-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
While I appreciate your old man word spaghetti, tribalism isn't about ideology, its the need to defend someone on your side, for any reason, to the death. That is what you are doing with the residency issue. Just say isn't a Pennsylvanian but you would vote for him anyway, end of story.

Nothing here about defending someone on your side, for any reason, to the death.

trib·al·ism
/ˈtrībəˌlizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the state or fact of being organized in a tribe or tribes.
DEROGATORY
the behavior and attitudes that stem from strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group.
"a society motivated by cultural tribalism"

You’re the one sounding angry, and anytime someone doesn’t agree with you.

Why would he say he’s not a Pennsylvanian when Oz lives in Bryn Athen, Pa?

Last edited by erieguy; 12-02-2021 at 03:53 PM..

Old 12-02-2021, 04:22 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:

Seems you are prejudice against old people. Do you have racist, sexist or other prejudices? Just wondering for the record. Maybe you don't like people from China as well? Don't know how many biases you have against certain groups that you lump together as one.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems you are prejudice against old people. Do you have racist, sexist or other prejudices? Just wondering for the record. Maybe you don't like people from China as well? Don't know.
Perhaps Philly angst. If I lived in one of the worst cities in the country I might be a bit angry.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:13 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:

what is it about this forum that attracts people who (pretend?) not to be able to read.

hence I stand on my position. You do not know what tribalism is. I did not defend oz at any point. I did however, disprove every single assertion you made.

Reading, is fundamental.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:17 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Quote:
what is it about this forum that attracts people who (pretend?) not to be able to read.

hence I stand on my position. You do not know what tribalism is. I did not defend oz at any point. I did however, disprove every single assertion you made.

Reading, is fundamental.
So is thinking. Take off the tinfoil hat

Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
So is thinking. Take off the tinfoil hat
Lol. The tin foil hat folks are still so scared of because Trump that they bring him up everyday, even to criticize Doc Oz, and to insist he doesn’t live where he does.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:22 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems you are prejudice against old people. Do you have racist, sexist or other prejudices? Just wondering for the record. Maybe you don't like people from China as well? Don't know how many biases you have against certain groups that you lump together as one.
Yup. I"ve encountered the age thing in the Cincinnati area as well. Plenty of overt racial issues and also more subtle forms as well.

Not sure what has happened in this country in respect to age and race relations. Even when I was a teenager most of us respected people that were older, even just a few years older because of the experience, knowledge and wisdom. And a lot less racial overtones in day to day life existed back then. And I'm not that old either. Not elderly just middle aged.

I see a lot of less of this garbage in small towns now. After I relocate out of the Cincinnati area I will moving to a small town where I won't have to put up with much of this crap, if any. Our metro areas are becoming filled with people that all expect everyone to walk, talk and think just like they do. No room for different views of opinions these days.

On the China thing. People need to be able to distinguish between Red China on the mainland and Taiwan. A lot of people from Taiwan migrated to this country after China went commie and many of them are solid American citizens and some have been here for several generations. Blaming them for what is going on is ignorant and foolish to say the least. Chances are when you go to a Chinese business such as a restaurant in the USA, the people that own it are from Taiwan or at least their parents or grandparents were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh