Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 09:04 PM

1,170 posts, read 591,905 times

Advertisements

So the more relevant question might be, where in the US aren't home sales increasing? (On a somewhat relevant note, aIturned out to be an heir to a tiny portion of a distant relative's estate. I don't think I ever met this person but I they did own a home in Westmoreland County, so lets see those prices rise!)

Oh wait, no, people want to turn this into a repudiation of young leftists. Of course, nothing to see here, moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 09:06 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I may try to get medical marijuana and give up my rights to own a firearm and sell my pistol. I take life as it comes.
You only give up your right to a conceal carry card.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
If I move and build on a mountain in Westmoreland county I will give you extra cash to cut the grass. Lord knows your probably need it living in that ramshackle structure with wheels you call a home on the outer fringes of cranberry
Lol. You couldn’t afford it or me unless Sleepy Joe gives you a huge raise. You’ll be staying in Weirton.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:15 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
...., people want to turn this into a repudiation of young leftists.

oh heckfire, that can be done with just about anything. young leftists are just so....repudiatable.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:13 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Thinking there will be a lot of buyer's remorse down the road for those escaping the city to the rural areas for some scary reason(s).

Old 11-05-2021, 08:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Thinking there will be a lot of buyer's remorse down the road for those escaping the city to the rural areas for some scary reason(s).
So sayeth the urbanist from.... Maine.... a state whose biggest city is home to 68,000 people. Which would be slightly smaller than Ross Township and Penn Hills combined...

Old 11-05-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post

I have two homes. One in very rural clarion cty next to forest, and one smack dab in hot market suburbia in westomoreland.

Since plague I get to spend equal time at both since I have internet at both (psst: its faster up there sans comcast) So I can gauge in real time the area, people attitudes at this point in the nations history.

I prefer it up there. Yeah, ya gotta drive further to get stuff but there just aint no crazy BS. No one is accusing anyone of racism 24x7 and yelling about masks and so forth.

The only downsides are when people from down 'here', go up 'there' to their camps to get away from gov'ner mandates and all that and start calling the locals racist and yell about masks. The people up there - of which I guess I am one - lived there for onto 20 years till I got this place - are far far more accepting of outsiders, but they have their limits. In other words, if you are an unapologetic biden supporter, by all means come, but just keep the yap quiet. It wears thin. quickly.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:53 AM

199 posts, read 84,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
In other words, if you are an unapologetic biden supporter, by all means come, but just keep the yap quiet. It wears thin. quickly.
So you’re saying *dont* drive around with 15 Biden flags flying out of the bed of your pickup then?

Old 11-05-2021, 11:10 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNevermind View Post
So you’re saying *dont* drive around with 15 Biden flags flying out of the bed of your pickup then?
My thoughts exactly. This does not happen in the city or urban areas. My cousin recently purchased a home on a white suburb. The neighbors still fly Trump flags on their property and vehicles. Little do they know....

Old 11-05-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNevermind View Post

a) after years of restoring and modding pickups out of the shop (carlisle truck show 25 years) I dont even own one now. Its sorta like not letting chuck yeager in a plane

b) I dont hang stuff from anything

c) if I had a political opinion for one candidate, I would never display it. in fact, its illegal for me.

so nope, Id just sit on my front porch up there with the guitar and hone chops and endure the banjo jokes from the terrorists, er I mean tourists that drive up and down the road looking for squirrels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh