Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 01:21 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Again the disaster declaration is in place. They are protesting the guy they claim to love. If many took the time to read and understand.

Things are looking better for the president now. His approval ratings have jumped an historic amount. I still have yet to see what the republicans are running on for 2022. When you find out please let me know.

The pandemic is ending and your sleepy joe is a wartime president now and uniting this country.

You are ready to write them off. There is a long way to go between now and November.
Lol. They’re protesting against vaccine mandates and being able to have freedom to choose.

https://abc7ny.com/trucker-protest-d...kers/11623477/

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...al-2022-01-24/

Republicans don’t have to run on anything to win. Aghan debacle, border crisis, not being able to keep the peace with foreign leaders, skyrocketing crime , Bidenflation, etc…, have sealed the deal…and let’s not forget this is the second time Putin attacked while Sleepy Joe is in charge, albeit before with Obuma.

Approval ratings will drop again, but it’s hilarious how his ratings went up after that speech. Demented old man couldn’t even remember the war with Russia is against the Ukraine and not Iran.

Of course it’s ending. Sleepy Joe even said to refund the police. Gotta do something to dig out of those debacles by midterms but it’s too little to late. Watch that Bidenflation and gas prices soar, lol.

I’ve already written them off, but I look forward to continue to watch them scurry to fix the so many debacles they’ve created. But since you’re so confident there’s huge long shot odds out there for Dems to keep the House. https://bookies.com/picks/senate-races-odds-tracker

Last edited by erieguy; 03-07-2022 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 06:57 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,661,541 times
We are going to be paying for the long term effects of Covid. The human health toll is staggering. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

More people on disability? Deaths spike in younger people? People not living as long as past generations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...CNM-16-10abd6g

Old 03-07-2022, 07:00 PM

Long Covid contributing to the labor force shortage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-co...ssing-workers/

Old 03-07-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
We are going to be paying for the long term effects of Covid. The human health toll is staggering. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

More people on disability? Deaths spike in younger people? People not living as long as past generations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...CNM-16-10abd6g
Going to be interesting to see the side affects over time of those that got the experimental shot and its boosters.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Long Covid contributing to the labor force shortage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-co...ssing-workers/
I’ve gotten to where I find the labor shortage kinda funny. All the folks retiring early because of shutting it down, free stuff getting extended and more money added to it while folks were paid to sit on the couch with a huge number of jobs available, etc…, has consequences but so many couldn’t see 5 minutes in front of themselves. On the bright side, many are able to work as many hours as they want if they have such ambition….and with so many folks moving to Florida we have almost no affects of it other than some places closing sooner than usual. We plan to do only 5 months in the Pittsburgh area so we won’t be as affected.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,512,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Going to be interesting to see the side affects over time of those that got the experimental shot and its boosters.
After getting both shots and the booster, I'm sure I won't live more than 20 or 25 years. But that is more than my life expectancy for my age and sex of around 17 years.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
After getting both shots and the booster, I'm sure I won't live more than 20 or 25 years. But that is more than my life expectancy for my age and sex of around 17 years.
Love the assumption of no side affects from it later on, especially from an experimental vaccine that boosters have and will continue to be touted because it only lasts a short time, but was supposed to keep anyone from getting the virus, but alas that was proven to be false…and let’s not forget the serious side affects that so many have already experienced from it, lol.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:27 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,512,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Love the assumption of no side affects from it later on, especially from an experimental vaccine that boosters have and will continue to be touted because it only lasts a short time, but was supposed to keep anyone from getting the virus, but alas that was proven to be false…and let’s not forget the serious side affects that so many have already experienced from it, lol.
Well over a year since the first two shots and no side effects. I know quite a few people younger than me who have died from Covid and a few who have lingering effects. I guess I'll be lucky if I make it past 17 years.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Well over a year since the first two shots and no side effects. I know quite a few people younger than me who have died from Covid and a few who have lingering effects. I guess I'll be lucky if I make it past 17 years.
And many that have died and had affects from it…and as we know, vaccinated folks can still get and carry it.

Perhaps that will be lucky.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-07-2022 at 08:54 PM..

Old 03-16-2022, 07:07 AM

The majority of people would mask up if cases spike again. Good to see!

https://triblive.com/news/poll-most-...es-rise-again/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh