Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 10:28 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Which ones groomed you to celebrate the death of others?
WTF are you talking about?

Old 11-19-2021, 10:39 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
What news would that be? Isn't it all controlled by those leftist leaning muck rakers?
Local news at least shows what is going on. The opinions aren't really that forward. National news is nuts. I watch Chris Wallace as he is just tough on everyone to get answers from all sides. He is the last of the level newscasters.

You need to at least understand trends. We are tending more and more violent. The is proved by statistics and how adults showed kids how to hate police.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
The article you link to says nothing about violence. In fact it says this:

Speaking personally, I've had a couple minor issues with both of my kids this year:

My daughter (seventh grade, goes to Obama) had something happen where the entire seventh grade was punished for unspecified "bad behavior" by not being able to freely move around the school. This didn't originate in her class (she was tracked this year due to being in advanced math, over half her class is in gifted, and all are strong students) but they also received collective punishment because if the other kids weren't allowed to leave their homerooms it's not like she and her classmates could go to the full classrooms. They got back hall privileges this week.

My son got in a minor "fight" (he's in second grade) for the first time a few weeks ago. He went into the bathroom and there were three older kids there. He thought they were laughing at him because he still pees by pulling his pants down at the urinal so his butt shows (I've tried teaching him the "right way to pee" with limited impact). He kicked one of the kids, threw his backpack, and then hid in a stall. Two of the boys left, and the second punched him. The older kid who punched him got in trouble, but my son did not.

FWIW, I actually agree with those who say the disruptive kids just need to be taken out of the regular classroom when they are disruptive. The vast majority of students - including most black students - are not disruptive and are there to learn, but even one kid acting out can make a teacher unable to continue their lesson. Some kids just are fundamentally unreachable through the normal school system, and it's best to get them out of the way of everyone else who is okay with actually being there.
Acting up and disrupting class is an issue as how are kids learning and it goes from there to violence and not caring if there is an officer in the school to help curb violence. Not all reports should be of death and violence as it is part of the trend.

Glad you little one is okay. At that age things aren't that bad. My experience with Obama kids hasn't been good years ago, but I think it has improved. Not in the news as much now.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:00 AM

1,913 posts, read 739,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
WTF are you talking about?
You said awhile back you love stories of antivax people getting covid. Do you have a bad memory? Others noticed and called it out, as did I.

What kind of scumbag even thinks that thought?

Are you a devoted CNNer or MSNBS fan?

Old 11-19-2021, 11:45 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
You said awhile back you love stories of antivax people getting covid. Do you have a bad memory? Others noticed and called it out, as did I.

What kind of scumbag even thinks that thought?

Are you a devoted CNNer or MSNBS fan?
Never said I wanted them to die.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:38 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
They're 'fighting systemic racism' by abolishing any sense of personal responsibility or consequences.
They've created a zoo, and now they're surprised that they have animals on their hands.

In fact, theyre doing these kids a disservice. Theyre teaching them from an early age that rules dont apply to them and there are no consequences to their actions. And then when these kids grow up and become adolescents or young adults, and they break the law, they will find out that there are consequences to their actions.. and then the same pie-in-the-sky academics who institute stupid policies like this, will wring their hands and scream about the 'school-to-prison pipeline' while being too darn dumb to see their own complicity in contributing to the problem.
Or they will draw a sympathetic judge, and they will pay no consequences at all for their poor decisions… like Kyle Rittenhouse.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Or they will draw a sympathetic judge, and they will pay no consequences at all for their poor decisions… like Kyle Rittenhouse.
Quite the strawman argument as Rittenhouse didn’t attack anyone, and was defending himself, unlike those students.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Um, that was a jury trial of 12. 12 citizens had to agree on this. The video was key to everything. Thankfully these jurors were smart and level, not filled with anger and agendas.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:45 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quite the strawman argument as Rittenhouse didn’t attack anyone, and was defending himself, unlike those students.
You’re a simpleton if you think Rittenhouse acting in self-defense precludes him from having made poor decisions.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
You’re a simpleton if you think Rittenhouse acting in self-defense precludes him from having made poor decisions.
Nah, the attackers made poor decisions, hence Rittenhouse was found not guilty. Hopefully it makes rioters, looters, burn it down folks, etc…, think before making bad decisions and realize they could be met with the same fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh