Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 08:06 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I received both doses of Pfizer's vaccine. I have been off work since testing positive for COVID-19 on November 30 and will finally be returning to work on Monday, December 13.

I can say that even while fully-vaccinated this was a very nasty illness! I lost my senses of taste and smell, and they are only about 1/3 of the way back now. I had chills, aches, fatigue, headaches, runny nose, fever, cough, and diarrhea for days.

With that being said I think one's decision to be vaccinated or not should not be up to their employer. I work among anti-vaxxers, and I fully expect them to be terminated from employment with the city in about two weeks when our vaccine mandate goes into effect. There is still no word on what the "contingency plan" will look like for the rest of us who remain after the terminations, especially since we are already shorthanded.
Finally something worth reading on here! Thanks.

Shame you got that sick even vaccinated. I think that is somewhat rare. I am glad you did get vaccinated, or you might not be here today.

I also agree, that it is pretty sick to mandate vaccines. People vaccinated do spread Covid. That is a fact and can't be disputed.

Personally, I think it is up to each person on how to handle the pandemic. Some people are going to die and there is obviously no stopping it. Just look around the globe. I thought we would have "herd immunity" by now, but that seems to be a myth with this virus. With how many people that have had it and how many people got the jab, we are still seeing HUGE numbers of cases and death. Seems "science" is dead WRONG again.

Good luck.

PS, glad you are okay now SCR. I could have brought you some homemade soup if I knew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 08:24 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Finally something worth reading on here! Thanks.

Shame you got that sick even vaccinated. I think that is somewhat rare. I am glad you did get vaccinated, or you might not be here today.

I also agree, that it is pretty sick to mandate vaccines. People vaccinated do spread Covid. That is a fact and can't be disputed.

Personally, I think it is up to each person on how to handle the pandemic. Some people are going to die and there is obviously no stopping it. Just look around the globe. I thought we would have "herd immunity" by now, but that seems to be a myth with this virus. With how many people that have had it and how many people got the jab, we are still seeing HUGE numbers of cases and death. Seems "science" is dead WRONG again.

Good luck.

PS, glad you are okay now SCR. I could have brought you some homemade soup if I knew.
Most of the people that die from Covid have either known or unknown underlying conditions that contribute to a weakened immune system. Diseases of the heart, lungs, diabetes etc. It is rare that anyone that is healthy dies from Covid.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:33 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Most of the people that die from Covid have either known or unknown underlying conditions that contribute to a weakened immune system. Diseases of the heart, lungs, diabetes etc. It is rare that anyone that is healthy dies from Covid.
I wouldn't go as far as "rare", but I agree for the most part. I would throw in elderly as they can die from it even if healthy for their age.

Looks like the new variant is a weak one as far as being deadly. That is common with viruses as the virus evolves to a living host, so it also survives.

Welcome to our new norm. Sick how the leftist government is using this as a power grab!!!! Sharp contrast to our loving Republicans that are actually protecting us. Love how Florida is handling it. Ah, freedom!!!! Something we don't have in PA, yet we are NOT being any more protected than FL!! Sick, how we are being treated, but we vote in dictators, so we are to blame. I certainly don't vote for them however! I like freedom and hope to get out of here at some point.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as "rare", but I agree for the most part. I would throw in elderly as they can die from it even if healthy for their age.

Looks like the new variant is a weak one as far as being deadly. That is common with viruses as the virus evolves to a living host, so it also survives.

Welcome to our new norm. Sick how the leftist government is using this as a power grab!!!! Sharp contrast to our loving Republicans that are actually protecting us. Love how Florida is handling it. Ah, freedom!!!! Something we don't have in PA, yet we are NOT being any more protected than FL!! Sick, how we are being treated, but we vote in dictators, so we are to blame. I certainly don't vote for them however! I like freedom and hope to get out of here at some point.
After you reach 65 years old your immune system does naturally weaken in most cases. Thus using vitamin and mineral supplements will help keep you healthy. Many people don't follow such a regimen these days.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:24 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
After you reach 65 years old your immune system does naturally weaken in most cases. Thus using vitamin and mineral supplements will help keep you healthy. Many people don't follow such a regimen these days.
I would also add exercise to that list. At least keeping mobile.

Going to be a long haul. I envy people in Florida that still actually live life freely. Hope people remember how we are being treated and how our city is filled with violence.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I would also add exercise to that list. At least keeping mobile.

Going to be a long haul. I envy people in Florida that still actually live life freely. Hope people remember how we are being treated and how our city is filled with violence.
True. Yes, not every state is taking draconian measures i.e. mostly borne out of paranoia over a form of the cold virus. Still some people with common sense in the country but you have to know where to look.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:26 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
I really feel badly for the healthcare workers in this country. They have sacrificed so much. People need to do their part and get vaccinated.

I am happy SCR is ok and alive to tell about it. If it wasn’t for the vaccine he may not be here today.

Very sad state of affairs right now.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...a-expert-says/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/09/u...gan/index.html

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsbu...media=AMP+HTML

Old 12-10-2021, 12:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I really feel badly for the healthcare workers in this country. They have sacrificed so much. People need to do their part and get vaccinated.

I am happy SCR is ok and alive to tell about it. If it wasn’t for the vaccine he may not be here today.

Very sad state of affairs right now.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...a-expert-says/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/09/u...gan/index.html

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsbu...media=AMP+HTML
Nah, he’d be fine, just like so many others.

Except a lot of health care workers don’t want to get vaccinated…and if you’re vaccinated and mask up you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-10-2021 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-10-2021, 01:25 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Risk your health with an experimental vaccine for a virus that has a 99% recovery rate? No thanks. You can't needle your way to a healthy immune system. But it's your choice. Everyone's choice should be respected, that's all.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:45 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Risk your health with an experimental vaccine for a virus that has a 99% recovery rate? No thanks. You can't needle your way to a healthy immune system. But it's your choice. Everyone's choice should be respected, that's all.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh