Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I do not see it. I respect Al and Louis. I do not agree with all that they have to say but there is TRUTH in what they speak on. Sometimes the TRUTH hurts and it makes SOME white people scared and nervous.
How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot: "I respect David Duke. I do not agree with all that he has to say but there is TRUTH in what he speaks on. Sometimes the TRUTH hurts and it makes SOME black people scared and nervous."

You are making excuses for your own racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 06:48 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
I respond to racist BS. I have never been a racist. There is so much more to life than sitting around hating strangers. Life is short and God is good. I will not accept your twisted and perverted views of who is who....
I don't really care what you accept. Anyone reading will see the truth for what it is.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
I do not see it. I respect Al and Louis. I do not agree with all that they have to say but there is TRUTH in what they speak on. Sometimes the TRUTH hurts and it makes SOME white people scared and nervous.
Nah, you just want to believe white folks are scared and nervous…and those who cry racist all the time are often the biggest racists themselves. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not the least bit scared as those that cry the loudest are most often the biggest smoke blowers.

Old 12-17-2021, 04:49 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
East Hills is one of the poorest neighborhood in the city. Like most black areas there are haves and have nots. Penn Hills and Monroeville has its fare share of affluent black residents. Black folk do drive Tesla and BMW...... We are more likely to overspend on vehicles especially black men. It is a status symbol.
I mean when I see someone driving around in an expensive vehicle I assume "they are successful". I also assume "they are foolish with their money". Why? Well, if you spend $60,000 on an asset that will be worth $30,000 in a few years, then that is NOT a wise financial decision vs. spending $10,000 on a reliable certified pre-owned automobile and using that $50,000 differential in the initial automobile cost to invest wisely so you can retire a couple of years sooner.

With that being said I maintain that I more frequently see whites and Asians in this city and metro area who have enough money to be "fools with their money" than I do Black folks, and I wish more Black folks DID have the money here where they, too, could be "fools with their money" if they wanted to be.

Quote:
Cleveland is one of the chocolate cities. Cleveland has a large amount of black residents within its metro. You will see more black folks but the amount of inner city poverty and crime pales in Pittsburgh pales in comparison. Cleveland has a lot of have nots.....Not to mention that Pittsburgh is urban centered. Clevelands suburbs are beautiful because most of the inner city is dilapidated especially leading up to East Cleveland.
It was beautiful for me to go to that Whole Foods just east of Cleveland when I was there and be surrounded with so many middle-class and professional class Black faces. You don't see that at the Wexford, Shadyside, or Upper St. Clair Whole Foods locations.

I agree that the city proper of Pittsburgh has a lot more intact livable neighborhoods than the city proper of Cleveland, and Cleveland overall has better suburban areas. I mean we have some great suburbs like Mt. Lebanon or Churchill or Bellevue or Sewickley or Oakmont as well, but they are generally on a much smaller scale than the ones near Cleveland.

When I lived near DC I also appreciated seeing so much professional success amongst the Black community (at least in the city proper). I lived in Fairfax County, VA because that's where my office was located, and that area is lily-white and uber-rich (sort of like Cranberry on major steroids). I also hear Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte, and Dallas are other cities/metro areas that are great for Black upward mobility. I just wish Pittsburgh could be added to that list. We are consistently near the bottom for cities and metro areas when it comes to livability for Black folks. That's tragic. I am hopeful that an incoming Black mayor will help to change things up a bit on that front in the coming years.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:39 AM

10,854 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
https://www.chicagoreporter.com/brea...s-fathers-day/

Fatherlessness is not defined by living arrangement. Josh Levs’s article, “No, Most Black Kids are not Fatherless” deconstructs the “70% of black children are fatherless” myth. Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report, “Fathers’ Involvement with Their Children” (yes, the CDC tracks data & researches topics like this), verify that the majority of black fathers actually live with their children (2.5 million versus 1.7 million who don’t). Furthermore, whether living in the same home or not, black fathers are the most involved of all primary recorded race and ethnic groups.

or failing creating false narrative, we could just ask them.

according to 2020 census data, 64% of the responding black households in the US report no father present. The next group down from that at 52% is those that are tribal affiliated american indians...

so if your point is that it is all a big lie...then perhaps the people involved (black mothers) should stop telling it? just sayin.

Last edited by RetireinPA; 12-17-2021 at 09:04 AM..

Old 12-17-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
You are trying to compare a klan leader to Yasir X? The Nation of Islam is not and never has been a domestic terrorist organization. You have no clue.

why shouldnt he? the DHS, FBI and ADL to name a few list NOI as the worst hate driven group in the usa, making the moniker of 'terrorist' curios in its current application. Environmentalists and animal activists have more property and human attack incidents yearly than everyone else combined (even when we factor in BLM supporters) and they are just peachy.

definitions it seems, are in the hands of the victors...

Old 12-17-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo

Sharpton should’ve been in prison for tax evasion years ago. One of the biggest smallest racebaiting clowns to roam the planet, lol. Every time I see him I laugh and shake my head….but muh entitlement, oppression, etc…

funny anyone should mention sharpton. I was living in dutchess cty when he pulled that stunt with Ms Brawley. I oft joke, being a dutchess outsider having just moved from PA, that I was the *only* white guy not accused of raping her. His diatribe was so bad that pre-facebook, he got someone to kill themselves over it.

Sharpton should have been executed in Prison up storm king 30 years ago. True injustice is, he still is free among us.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I respond to racist BS. I have never been a racist.

I have no idea who you are and it appears that others have a history with you. But Im seeing you type statements like the one I quoted above, yet you do and say everything within your ability to contradict that.

Is this some sort of game with you? throw buckets of gas on something from the sidelines then give one of sharptons patented angelic looks when questioned?

From everything you have said or insinuated in this thread, you choose not to be truthful.

what *is* your objective? It sure as hell aint peaceful harmony...

The link I gave in the OP is nothing more than a collection of malcontents spewing hate, lies, generalizations and pure - hate to say the word - racist dog whistles. It has exactly no redeeming values and if you would have honestly read ANY of it - as I requested - you would conclude the same. The larger point being, and the chief irony, would be that if we changed the words black to white and used white resources, it would have been taken down and every participant cancelled. And likely shot at - the present being what it is.

Until you recognize that, you have nothing to say, worth hearing. sorry.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:13 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
why shouldnt he? the DHS, FBI and ADL to name a few list NOI as the worst hate driven group in the usa, making the moniker of 'terrorist' curios in its current application. Environmentalists and animal activists have more property and human attack incidents yearly than everyone else combined (even when we factor in BLM supporters) and they are just peachy.

definitions it seems, are in the hands of the victors...
All of the above labeled the Black Panthers as a threat. White led organizations can say what ever.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:26 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I have no idea who you are and it appears that others have a history with you. But Im seeing you type statements like the one I quoted above, yet you do and say everything within your ability to contradict that.

Is this some sort of game with you? throw buckets of gas on something from the sidelines then give one of sharptons patented angelic looks when questioned?

From everything you have said or insinuated in this thread, you choose not to be truthful.

what *is* your objective? It sure as hell aint peaceful harmony...

The link I gave in the OP is nothing more than a collection of malcontents spewing hate, lies, generalizations and pure - hate to say the word - racist dog whistles. It has exactly no redeeming values and if you would have honestly read ANY of it - as I requested - you would conclude the same. The larger point being, and the chief irony, would be that if we changed the words black to white and used white resources, it would have been taken down and every participant cancelled. And likely shot at - the present being what it is.

Until you recognize that, you have nothing to say, worth hearing. sorry.
I never understood why or how white people would think that Sharpton is the leader or voice of Black America. He is built funny and has a hairdo. Come on white people

I will stand by what I said. I have no hope for social harmony in this country nor do I care.. We can agree to disagree in a respectful manner. I live my life on my own terms. My family is healthy and strong. What more could I ask for? I will not remain silent while you post BS from an old white outdated perspective. Knock it off.

Labeling what you posted as racist does not make it.....racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh