Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2022, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Reputation: 8528

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Between the brockway/Dubois and hermitage exits on I-80 there were 3 tractor trailers on their sides. One was in the middle of the highway, one was headed west and the third was east a mile from the brockway exit. The truck was over the hill with the cab up in the air. No wonder there are supply chain issues. Drivers don’t know how to drive those trucks on the windy highway.
3 overturned tractor trailers is newsworthy, especially causing a major traffic issue. Link to this?

 
Old 01-26-2022, 07:23 PM
 
Location: On the Chesapeake
45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Reputation: 61018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Between the brockway/Dubois and hermitage exits on I-80 there were 3 tractor trailers on their sides. One was in the middle of the highway, one was headed west and the third was east a mile from the brockway exit. The truck was over the hill with the cab up in the air. No wonder there are supply chain issues. Drivers don’t know how to drive those trucks on the windy highway.
When was this? There have been a rash of wrecks on 80 the last couple weeks. Not so much wind but snow/ice.

Brockway exit? That exit is a ways from Brockway. And yes, I know the sign says DuBois/Brockway.
 
Old 01-26-2022, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Oh good lord it is as ramshackle as they come. The country side is nice but the houses are tattered and worn. Remuddled and looks like a shoemaker did the upgrades. There is no money up there. Straub brewery is the gem. Everything else looks like what you see in the Mon valley.

If it wasn’t for the two big cities this state would be one of the poorest in the country.
And shutting it down certainly didn’t help with the finances.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...-fiscal-health
 
Old 01-27-2022, 06:03 AM
 
Location: In Transition
3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
When was this? There have been a rash of wrecks on 80 the last couple weeks. Not so much wind but snow/ice.

Brockway exit? That exit is a ways from Brockway. And yes, I know the sign says DuBois/Brockway.
I was on the road driving from Dubois to Ohio for client visits. The tractor trailers were off the road and left abandoned on I-80. They were removing the one near the brockway exit yesterday afternoon. Heavy wrecker pulling it from the hillside. The other two on their sides were left as they were. In the center grass area between the highway and the other on it’s side in the ditch. Those two were about 5-miles apart.

It may be because of the snow but I’ve never seen more than one overturned truck left like that.
 
Old 01-27-2022, 06:04 AM
 
Location: In Transition
3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And shutting it down certainly didn’t help with the finances.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...-fiscal-health
It’s been poor up there for a while. The housing and buildings look worse and worse. I like the country side but most of PA is very poor in the rural areas.
 
Old 01-27-2022, 07:30 AM
 
1,913 posts, read 739,744 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
You don't get good fries at home unless you have a deep fryer, frozen or not.
My home fries are 100 times better than any potato in a package stuck into hot oil. They require minimum effort and are cheap.

Last edited by Reggiezz; 01-27-2022 at 07:39 AM..
 
Old 01-27-2022, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It’s been poor up there for a while. The housing and buildings look worse and worse. I like the country side but most of PA is very poor in the rural areas.
And shutting it down made the state worse.
 
Old 01-27-2022, 07:49 AM
 
Location: On the Chesapeake
45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Reputation: 61018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I was on the road driving from Dubois to Ohio for client visits. The tractor trailers were off the road and left abandoned on I-80. They were removing the one near the brockway exit yesterday afternoon. Heavy wrecker pulling it from the hillside. The other two on their sides were left as they were. In the center grass area between the highway and the other on it’s side in the ditch. Those two were about 5-miles apart.

It may be because of the snow but I’ve never seen more than one overturned truck left like that.
They'll leave them if the weather's been bad and there's a fair amount of snow on the ground. Mostly for safety of retrieval reasons.

That stretch of 80 between Clearfield and Brookville can get......interesting..... when it snows.
 
Old 01-27-2022, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Western PA
10,868 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Reputation: 6721
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
When was this? There have been a rash of wrecks on 80 the last couple weeks. Not so much wind but snow/ice.

Brockway exit? That exit is a ways from Brockway. And yes, I know the sign says DuBois/Brockway.

what is not being said is that these 'wrecks' are non-recovered incidents from the previous snowstorm, days before the 'observation'


The entire story was for the most part, made up.
 
Old 01-27-2022, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Western PA
10,868 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Reputation: 6721
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
3 overturned tractor trailers is newsworthy, especially causing a major traffic issue. Link to this?

hell up there descending from high point to clearfield a 30 truck accident is not out of the question.


The event implied did not occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top