Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 08:32 AM

10,823 posts, read 4,506,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
What do you classify as a weapon? Please don't be so obtuse. If a guy came after you with a baseball bat you'd agree that it was a weapon. Since we're onto providing sources, please show me the source that states the FBI was in on it. Isn't it funny when people respond to gun control measures by saying if we didn't have guns people would still kill each other with whatever they have on hand? Yet the melee weapons used on Jan 6 somehow don't meet the requirement of weapons. Bear spray, baseball bats, spears, billy clubs, pretty sure these were and still are considered weapons.

if you are going to attempt to overthrow a govt - as reported in the MSM, I think the weapons should START with M16s and frag grenades per soldier. Just ask the military (of which the only person killed was a member and totally unarmed and ask the 2 members of the response team who were jsut walking along armed beside babbitt when she was shot and then they entered the 'active shooter' call into the radio at the time McCarthy was being interviewed....)

The media tells us everyone is buying arms and ammo at records rates yet EVERYONE forgot to bring them that day?

cmon...lets not get ridiculous? The facts are not on your side.

If that was an insurrection them Im a french model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 08:37 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
What do you classify as a weapon? Please don't be so obtuse. If a guy came after you with a baseball bat you'd agree that it was a weapon. Since we're onto providing sources, please show me the source that states the FBI was in on it. Isn't it funny when people respond to gun control measures by saying if we didn't have guns people would still kill each other with whatever they have on hand? Yet the melee weapons used on Jan 6 somehow don't meet the requirement of weapons. Bear spray, baseball bats, spears, billy clubs, pretty sure these were and still are considered weapons.
Actually, folks bring up guns in regards to the riot because without them, there’s no way a few thousand folks would ever be able to take over the Capitol, but it’s funny how folks try to claim otherwise. Just another goosechase that won’t “get him”.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:39 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
if you are going to attempt to overthrow a govt - as reported in the MSM, I think the weapons should START with M16s and frag grenades per soldier. Just ask the military (of which the only person killed was a member and totally unarmed and ask the 2 members of the response team who were jsut walking along armed beside babbitt when she was shot and then they entered the 'active shooter' call into the radio at the time McCarthy was being interviewed....)

The media tells us everyone is buying arms and ammo at records rates yet EVERYONE forgot to bring them that day?

I don't make the rules, these 11 were charged with sedition. Take that for what you want. But don't come here making wild ass claims the FBI were in on it with no proof. I have presented more facts to you than you to me. Did they have weapons? You bet. Were people charged with sedition? You bet. Will there be sentences for those charged. You bet. Define it however you like but the LAW is not on your side.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:39 AM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
That was never the plan. The plan was to disrupt/delay the certification of Electoral College and throw it back to the states, giving the Trump team more time to plan shenanigans. The AZ GOP Chair suggested doing that (literally that same night), for instance, and we are still learning about the fraudulent MI electors.

The National Archives just a few days ago turned over the Trump papers to congress, which is probably why we haven't seen higher level charges yet but they will be coming.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:48 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post

Hey, we can overthrow the government with a couple of zip-ties and a baseball bat. No problem.

What is so amazing to me is people will just follow along with it being an insurrection because it fits a narrative they want to badly. I don't know if I would call it a mental illness or what, but I wish people would be more moderate in their thinking and start questioning the feeds they are on. WOW!

There is no way you can overthrow the US government by storming some building with a few hundred unarmed people. Seriously this is just too silly, but WHO is running our leftist media feed? We really should start looking more closely at that as if they are calling it something so made up, maybe we need to have a look behind that curtain? Hmm.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
That was never the plan. The plan was to disrupt/delay the certification of Electoral College and throw it back to the states, giving the Trump team more time to plan shenanigans. The AZ GOP Chair suggested doing that (literally that same night), for instance, and we are still learning about the fraudulent MI electors.

The National Archives just a few days ago turned over the Trump papers to congress, which is probably why we haven't seen higher level charges yet but they will be coming.
Who are you predicting higher level charges to?

Old 01-27-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I don't make the rules, these 11 were charged with sedition. Take that for what you want. But don't come here making wild ass claims the FBI were in on it with no proof. I have presented more facts to you than you to me. Did they have weapons? You bet. Were people charged with sedition? You bet. Will there be sentences for those charged. You bet. Define it however you like but the LAW is not on your side.
Don’t recall anyone saying the rioters aren’t being charged or even defending them. As to claims and proof, there’s still no proof that because Trump had anything to with it but wild claims for over a year. It’s simply assumptions and allegations. The facts are that because Trump told them to go home, and they did peacefully by curfew at 6pm.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:03 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t recall anyone saying the rioters aren’t being charged or even defending them. As to claims and proof, there’s still no proof that because Trump had anything to with it but wild claims for over a year. It’s simply assumptions and allegations. The facts are that because Trump told them to go home, and they did peacefully by curfew at 6pm.
Can't stand those idiot rioters. Such a stain, but it was only a few compared to millions and millions of people across the country. Of course if that doesn't fit. your agenda.....well I guess you will call it an attempt to overthrow the government with a baseball bat.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:03 AM

10,823 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
I don't make the rules, these 11 were charged with sedition.

last week yes. a year later. over a year. previously, how many hundreds were charged, tried and convicted of something else REAL? IF this was an insurrection, would it not stand to reason that that would be the first target? By crap tons of agencies kicking on doors and shooting dogs?

and if we are being honest, as reported, those 11 charged with sedition are really being done so because of online postings. so...REALLY?

I suspect if we lower the bar of sedition to web page postings then half of the c-d membership will be locked up...

Old 01-27-2022, 09:06 AM
gg

Quote:
This guy's story has been making the rounds of local social media for weeks now but seemed to have gotten little local media coverage until just recently. RIP, may the family get some closure.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...chin-rcna13490
Look we need to get back on topic. I only used the 1/6 silliness as an example and the OP engaged beyond the example and it took off.

A man died and the person responsible should be put away. That is the subject. Probably should have been added to the crime thread, but it has its own.

I am not sure what to add about the murder up there? Every person on here and really every normal person will want that murderer to fry or at least be in for life. I want life in prison as I just don't believe in killing anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh