Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 10:40 AM

41,018 posts, read 17,999,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I looked up who is having abortions these days and it's 20 somethings.. Years ago, it was mostly teenagers. There's no excuse for 20 somethings having unwanted pregnancies.
A lack of responsibility is a huge problem. Hopefully with new consequences they’ll take birth control seriously. I read somewhere, perhaps the politics forum, that around 52% of unwanted pregnancies are due to folks not using any birth control, which is as stupid as it is ridiculous, but many have to learn the hard way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 11:20 AM

987 posts, read 272,154 times
I'm not pro-murdering babies.

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.

I'm pro-Christina who doesn't want to be a mother, but birth control methods sometimes fail.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!

Old 05-04-2022, 11:29 AM

14,360 posts, read 16,873,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
A lack of responsibility is a huge problem. Hopefully with new consequences they’ll take birth control seriously. I read somewhere, perhaps the politics forum, that around 52% of unwanted pregnancies are due to folks not using any birth control, which is as stupid as it is ridiculous, but many have to learn the hard way.
Do you want someone "too stupid" to use birth control properly having more children?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Do you want someone "too stupid" to use birth control properly having more children?
I’d like them taught how to use it properly and expect their partner to also use it. It’s called learning and responsibility. Besides, adoption is always an option, along with moving to a state that approves it. It’s great to have choices.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:58 PM

32,855 posts, read 12,122,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I'm not pro-murdering babies.

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.

I'm pro-Christina who doesn't want to be a mother, but birth control methods sometimes fail.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
Some pro-birth people think they should be able to do that.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:40 AM

1,902 posts, read 715,865 times
So...what happened to the protest?

Old 05-06-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Thought it was tomorrow. Interesting how one so opposed to the new law won’t be attending

Old 05-07-2022, 09:54 AM

1,902 posts, read 715,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Thought it was tomorrow. Interesting how one so opposed to the new law won’t be attending
I have an opinion on the subject, not a fervent belief about it.

But it will be interesting to see who attends.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I have an opinion on the subject, not a fervent belief about it.

But it will be interesting to see who attends.
It went from wanting mandates to take an experimental shot to my body my choice real fast.

Haven’t heard or seen anything about attendance.

Old 05-09-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Mustn’t have been that important to many. Haven’t heard or seen anything about it other than about 150 protesters during the week leading up to the scheduled Saturday protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh