Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 04:39 PM

645 posts, read 1,524,560 times

Advertisements

Looking to be in the Apollo area around 12:30 pm this Saturday coming from I-70 east, and have two choices. Go to the New Stanton exit and take 66 north, or take I-79/I-279/I-376/Golden Mile Hwy... I would like to take the latter to let my daughter see the city, but wonder if the traffic is usually terrible around this time on the weekends, or if some event is in town this weekend that will cause backups.

I will gladly take The New Stanton route if the traffic is anything like I have seen on 279 and especially 376. Thanks for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 05:14 PM

136 posts, read 165,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
Looking to be in the Apollo area around 12:30 pm this Saturday coming from I-70 east, and have two choices. Go to the New Stanton exit and take 66 north, or take I-79/I-279/I-376/Golden Mile Hwy... I would like to take the latter to let my daughter see the city, but wonder if the traffic is usually terrible around this time on the weekends, or if some event is in town this weekend that will cause backups.

I will gladly take The New Stanton route if the traffic is anything like I have seen on 279 and especially 376. Thanks for your thoughts.
I would guess that if you need to be in Apollo that early that traffic on a Saturday shouldn't be too bad. Unless there's a Pirate game around this time going on or something of that sort should you run into traffic. I'm not sure if they're doing construction this weekend or not. Depends on the weather. Also, it's Memorial Day weekend so there might be some traveling traffic but I don't know if it would be that major. If you do take it and get stuck in traffic...your daughter will take in the city and our traffic...2 for the price of 1

Old 05-22-2008, 06:35 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,931,605 times
I'm thinking you'll be hitting the city early enough on Saturday to avoid backups. The parkway traffic usually doesn't get bad until after noon on weekends when people go visiting or shopping. And there is no highway construction this weekend because of the holiday weekend.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,559,074 times
There's no significant highway traffic on the weekends unless something is closed for construction or there is a bad accident. Unfortunately, closing for construction aren't uncommon but it sounds like there is none this weekend. Games and concerts generally don't cause much backup even, maybe have to hit your brakes and slow down slightly but you won't be sitting in stop and go traffic or anything.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:40 PM

645 posts, read 1,524,560 times
Thanks for the help folks... Looks like a trip through the city it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh