Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 09:04 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
now isn't that special?

really? they DO say that? i know you often post tongue-in-cheek, or with a jocular bent to your words, but you were serious here?

if there ARE demons, i think they are having some kind of spiritual-world bacchanalian festival/orgy in the United States these days...
I've heard several people say that. They must be preaching it in church. As in interesting aside, I've read that the Ultraorthodox Jews believe the Holocaust happened because God sent demons to earth tp possess the German people so they would punish the European Jews for assimilating into society. Odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 01:00 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’ll certainly continue.

The current regime in regards to gas prices has said to buy an electric car. Cracks me up every time I hear their talk of electric cars as folks that can’t afford gas prices certainly can’t afford to go buy an electric car.
I guess you have it all figured out then. However, I told you a few months ago that electric cars are the future and most will be electric in the next five years.

Did you think gas was going to stay at 2.50 when workers at McDonalds are getting 12-15 dollars an hour now? Did you think prices of things were going to stay what they were? Just curious. The lowest tier got a pay bump along with everybody else.

People aren’t going to need to drive as far working remote. That’s a good thing. I see lots of used cars on lots and not moving.

It’s the same as it always was. The lowest tier won’t be able to do much. The middle class gets squeezed and the top tier has the money. Everybody got pay raises and goods/services adjusted upward.

I remember 5-7 years ago when a good old Republican friend of mine said something I actually agreed with. If you pay somebody to work 12 to 15 an hour at McDonalds, goods will go up and gasoline will be 5 bucks a gallon. He was right! However it wasn’t due to the government mandating higher minimum wage. That was due to a pandemic that killed a lot of people. Baby boomers retiring in mass and smaller generations to work. On top of little to no immigration. And demand for goods and services staying high with more people retired and less working. What we are going through now is partially caused by halting immigration into the country.

Plus I don’t feel sorry for people either. The last year and a half people have had plenty of opportunities to make more money and or change jobs/careers. If you stayed and didn’t look that is on you. Being loyal doesn’t pay.

Old 06-05-2022, 01:13 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I guess you have it all figured out then. However, I told you a few months ago that electric cars are the future and most will be electric in the next five years.

Did you think gas was going to stay at 2.50 when workers at McDonalds are getting 12-15 dollars an hour now? Did you think prices of things were going to stay what they were? Just curious. The lowest tier got a pay bump along with everybody else.

People aren’t going to need to drive as far working remote. That’s a good thing. I see lots of used cars on lots and not moving.

It’s the same as it always was. The lowest tier won’t be able to do much. The middle class gets squeezed and the top tier has the money. Everybody got pay raises and goods/services adjusted upward.

I remember 5-7 years ago when a good old Republican friend of mine said something I actually agreed with. If you pay somebody to work 12 to 15 an hour at McDonalds, goods will go up and gasoline will be 5 bucks a gallon. He was right! However it wasn’t due to the government mandating higher minimum wage. That was due to a pandemic that killed a lot of people. Baby boomers retiring in mass and smaller generations to work. On top of little to no immigration. And demand for goods and services staying high with more people retired and less working. What we are going through now is partially caused by halting immigration into the country.

Plus I don’t feel sorry for people either. The last year and a half people have had plenty of opportunities to make more money and or change jobs/careers. If you stayed and didn’t look that is on you. Being loyal doesn’t pay.
I certainly have it figured out, and you’re simply parroting the current regime in regards to electric cars…and most being electric in the next 5 years is hilarious. Neither of you obviously have any idea of how many gasoline vehicles are on the road.

Sleepy Joes war on fossil fuels has greatly raised gas prices, combined with a war due to him being unable to keep the peace. It’s hilarious how he blames gas prices on Putin.

Lol. Down in Weirton you may see that, however, there’s few used cars available, same as new vehicles on lots due to the chip shortage. Hence skyrocketing car prices and new car dealers charging over sticker for new vehicles. Used car prices are up 40% over a year ago. Simple supply and demand.

Yep, raises due to living in fear and shutting it down, hence millions of folks retired early and millions more are scared to go back to work for fear of the virus. Living in fear has consequences.

Millions have crossed the southern border. Put them to work.

I remember saying that gas prices will go over $4/gallon just like the last time Sleepy Joe was in office and that prediction has come to fruition and then some. I also said his economic plan wasn’t sustainable and that I’m glad my financial situation doesn’t defend on him. Folks that can see 15 minutes in front of themselves could see it coming…but no mean tweets, lol.

Except you’ve blamed boomers for not retiring when you think they should have, and for folks like yourself that complain about being held back from getting better paying jobs. Anyone that can’t get a quality paying job because they think it’s boomer’s fault, is their own self inflicted problem.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-05-2022 at 01:31 PM..

Old 06-06-2022, 08:48 PM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times
Gas prices up again Monday with averages inching closer to $5 a gallon

https://www.wtae.com/article/gas-pri...allon/40203286

"The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is inching closer to $5 a gallon.
On Monday morning, AAA reported the national average was up two cents day-to-day to $4.86 for a gallon of regular unleaded.
That average is up 25 cents in a week.
In Pennsylvania, the average was up a penny to $4.95 a gallon.
In Pittsburgh, the average was up a penny as well, hitting $4.87 a gallon.
The average gas price in Pittsburgh is up 18 cents in a week and 50 cents over the past month."

what i want to know - say gas keeps going higher, to $6, then $7 - at what point do car-driving members here starting having to make tough budget decisions?

you can't all be filthy rich

Old 06-06-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
Gas prices up again Monday with averages inching closer to $5 a gallon

https://www.wtae.com/article/gas-pri...allon/40203286

"The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is inching closer to $5 a gallon.
On Monday morning, AAA reported the national average was up two cents day-to-day to $4.86 for a gallon of regular unleaded.
That average is up 25 cents in a week.
In Pennsylvania, the average was up a penny to $4.95 a gallon.
In Pittsburgh, the average was up a penny as well, hitting $4.87 a gallon.
The average gas price in Pittsburgh is up 18 cents in a week and 50 cents over the past month."

what i want to know - say gas keeps going higher, to $6, then $7 - at what point do car-driving members here starting having to make tough budget decisions?

you can't all be filthy rich
Every time I see these reports of gas going up I can’t help but think “I would transition from the oil industry, yes,” and “buy an electric vehicle”—— Sleepy Joe Biden. Watching him try to walk back the first statement was great.

And for the go green right now folks, be careful what you wish for. Just might come to a city near you sooner than later…though I would hope everyone is at least driving hybrids and have turned their gas off for all electric. https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2...aurants-future

I won’t make any budget decisions and won’t bother me a bit if it happens. I predicted gas would be over $4/gallon like it was last time he was in office. Let folks reap what they sow.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-06-2022 at 09:38 PM..

Old 06-06-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Well stated! And this is the truth…. Less workers in the workforce. More deaths than births in how many states now? Little to no immigration on top of that.

People want the same amount of goods with less people available to produce things now than before pre pandemic. Hence the reason for inflation etc.

And the let’s go Brandon folks have yet to share their plans and platform for tacking this issue.
You ask, you might receive a solution to your immigration issue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-FURTHER.html

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...-open-borders/

Old 06-07-2022, 05:51 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I won’t make any budget decisions and won’t bother me a bit if it happens. I predicted gas would be over $4/gallon like it was last time he was in office. Let folks reap what they sow.
so what you're saying is, even if gas goes to $20 a gallon your budget wouldn't be affected at all

either you make a ton of money or you're full of it, and people who make a ton of money don't tend to hang out on message boards all day

this forum is amusing - even though it's completely anonymous people here act like they're above it all on their throne of whatever ideology they adhere to

very few keep it real here, like in real life

Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
so what you're saying is, even if gas goes to $20 a gallon your budget wouldn't be affected at all

either you make a ton of money or you're full of it, and people who make a ton of money don't tend to hang out on message boards all day

this forum is amusing - even though it's completely anonymous people here act like they're above it all on their throne of whatever ideology they adhere to

Never said it wouldn’t be affected, but I can afford it, and not all of us are bus riders like yourself.

Proof that folks with a lot of money not hanging out on message boards all day? Do you not know that one can post from most anywhere they are. I retired early because I don’t have money concerns.

I’m not altering my lifestyle because some clown has a war with fossil fuels.

Quite the assumption. Perhaps you shouldn’t assume your situation is similar to others situation…and gas prices have been reported as high as $10/gallon in California. Do you think all folks aren’t going to live their lives because of gas prices?

Last edited by erieguy; 06-07-2022 at 06:19 AM..

Old 06-07-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:

If you arrange retirement right, you have no expenses. You don't commute anywhere regularly and don't drive all that much except for vacations.

Pay off your mortgage and car, and you pay for utilities, food and gas. I drive to my relatives farm every week for the past month or so, but it's an unusual retirement expense and won't last past Fall.

I worked in IT for 40 years. I remember punched cards and TSO. I remember when IT was called MIS. I remember all the iterations of progressive brainwashing via HR, starting with "ain't multiculturalism great" right before 9/11. They shut up for a good 3 years after that. Glad I'm nowhere near those freaks anymore. Retirement is great.

Last edited by Reggiezz; 06-07-2022 at 06:20 AM..

Old 06-07-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaunter View Post
Something tells me that the "freak" may be closer than you think, Reggie.
No freaks here. Hope those HR ones are suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh