Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 03:58 PM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times

Advertisements

you want original woodwork - you got it

now give me $4 million dollars

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M32510-61821

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 04:01 PM

and they say time travel isn't real

Old 11-25-2022, 08:30 AM

$1.4 million for a new 4 bedroom home on black street which will not stand alone as pictured

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M98008-15317

Old 11-25-2022, 08:47 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Wow, butt ugly, wildly overpriced and noisy to boot. I pity the fool that falls for this. How this agent can list this in good conscience is beyond me.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:24 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Wow, butt ugly, wildly overpriced and noisy to boot. I pity the fool that falls for this. How this agent can list this in good conscience is beyond me.
Unless it has combined sewers in that area the basement garage is just asking for warer issues.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:53 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
The usual buyers are the rich progressives.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,458,923 times
Quote:
Ive said it in other posts but again, around 300 per sq ft is what decent quality new construction is going for. this house will be just under 4000 sq ft, so its not crazy for it to be north of 1M. 1.4 seems a bit stretched, but I dont know the extent of the luxury add ons it will have.

For the location, I think its a hard sell. However, there isn't a lot of new construction single detached homes to choose from in the city.

as for the agent comment, they work for the seller and dont get to dictate the list price. They can suggest and show data for whatever they believe is the correct list, but at the end of the day the seller/developer gets the final say.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:26 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
For the location, I think it’s a hard sell. However, there isn't a lot of new construction single detached homes to choose from in the city.
Start gentrifying the Hill District. It is like developing farmland at this point.

They should put housing on the land where Club One used to be in East Liberty.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:49 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,458,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Start gentrifying the Hill District. It is like developing farmland at this point.

They should put housing on the land where Club One used to be in East Liberty.
I personally will stick with the age old adage of Location location location. Thats the one thing that you should never compromise. Sure its possible that an area turns around and you make a killing, but its a lot better of a chance to just stick with locations that already have a good market. I am on the hunt for tear down properties in dense locations, with alley access or ability to add parking to build new.

as for the Hill, the most recent things built are a 14 unit modern townhouse development on Burrows st ( technically west Oakland but backs right up to oak hill apartments). First 8 units were finished and closed between March-june. Next 6 are set to be finished and on market shortly after the first of the year. Id love to see more developments happen further into the Hill. These all sold from mid 500's to low 600's. Most buyers were med or tech professionals, so there is a market for it, just not as robust as other proven locations.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:02 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Construction Updates

FNB construction update by William Pipkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pittsburgh development updates by William Pipkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh