Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2022, 07:33 AM

468 posts, read 123,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Why don't you have a job?
Thanks! Gotta get to work -- which involves me sitting on the comp. all day, with some downtime (sometimes my function is to "wait patiently"). You're right, however, that's enough for today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 08:11 AM

1,913 posts, read 738,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
Thanks! Gotta get to work -- which involves me sitting on the comp. all day, with some downtime (sometimes my function is to "wait patiently"). You're right, however, that's enough for today.
You're an advertisement for the necessity of working in the office rather than home.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:03 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
If you care about this individual so much, perhaps give her the respect of spelling her name correctly, Ashli.

ok, no offense but people cannot answer an argument they resort to spelling pedantics...

didnt say I cared about her. I just acknowledged that the unarmed "ashili" was the only one killed in this 'coup', "insurrection" etc - whatever the dim are calling it. even saw the video.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:05 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
You understand that Trump appointed a special prosecutor to investigate these claims, and that, to date (unlike the Mueller probe, which resulted in several, successful prosecutions) there has been no successful prosecutions by Durham (a ridiculous-looking fellow who appears to have a 1970s-style, hippy girl, hairpie on his face), notwithstanding the fact that Trump defenders have, disingenuously and untruthfully, attempted to latch on to little details of these investigations to support their fallacious arguments, before being required to walk-back their statements, if they have any honor (most don't).

yes trump did hire one and his boss changed over a year ago and we have no idea what orders were given him.

therefore, if hillary admitting to conspiring with russian spies is not a crime then can we PLEASE never hear about 'russia-gate' ever again? I mean cmon, fair is fair.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:05 AM

437 posts, read 187,570 times
I only want to hear of Russia Gate again when it results in Crooked Hillary, Hussein O and Senile Joe all being prosecuted for their crimes. Thing is, it won't happen. The orangephobia is so severe, that there are people still obsessed and don't care about an objectively egregious breaking of laws.

Orange man bad. That's all these people know.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ok, no offense but people cannot answer an argument they resort to spelling pedantics...

didnt say I cared about her. I just acknowledged that the unarmed "ashili" was the only one killed in this 'coup', "insurrection" etc - whatever the dim are calling it. even saw the video.
Fair enough -- although, in recent months, I have refrained from referring to the "unlawful Capitol incursion" as a coup or insurrection, as that gets into a similar pedantic discourse about the meaning of these terms. Certainly, as we have seen, if Pence would have done as Trump and cronies wanted, the riot would have been irrelevant. Further, although as a practical matter, the riot could not have "overthrown" the seat of government then and there, what it might have done was delay and/or provide more motivation to Pence to send the elector question back to the states for reconsideration. This would have led, I believe, to a constitutional crisis, wide-scale public protests (which I generally do not support, but which I would have in this case), and an uncertain path forward for the nation.

Note to my ersatz manager, Reggie, I'm on my lunch break, and won't post again until after work.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I only want to hear of Russia Gate again when it results in Crooked Hillary, Hussein O and Senile Joe all being prosecuted for their crimes. Thing is, it won't happen. The orangephobia is so severe, that there are people still obsessed and don't care about an objectively egregious breaking of laws.

What is Russia Gate?

- Trump campaign worker brags to Australian colleague that Trump campaign has access to Hillary emails?
- Australian colleague alerts his superiors, who notify US counterparts.
- US agencies, very rightly, start to monitor activities. Obama wants to disclose Russia meddling but McConnell says no.
- One-time Trump campaign manager, Manafort, gives confidential campaign data to member of Russian espionage community.
- Russia espionage contact says it has dirt on Hillary and Trump campaign is receptive.
- Roger Stone does all kind of shady stuff and is convicted for it, before being pardoned.
- Russia meddles in the US election in several respects, including with Facebook ads and releasing hacked emails, regardless of whether done in coordination with Trump campaign.
- Mike Flynn contacts Russian counterpart in December 2016 to say that Trump admin. will nix sanctions, then lies to FBI about this conversation.
- Trump pressures Comey to give up investigation into Flynn
- Trump fires Comey, says it is about "the Russia Thing."
- Special Counsel investigation finds multiple instances wherein Trump attempted to obstruct the Russia investigation.
- Special Counsel finds the Russia interfered in the 2016 election at unprecedented levels, although Trump continues to dispute this, including in front of Putin in most shameful act of US president in my memory.
- Trump's attorney general inaccurately attempts to spin mueller report before it is fully released.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:46 PM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times
this thread is hilarious

Old 06-30-2022, 03:14 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post

He has never been a good guy. That includes when he was a democrat then independent and then Republican again. The trump family is a scary version of the Adams family. His father Fred was a dirtbag too.

They have a history and it isn’t good. This is just the exclamation point.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
this thread is hilarious
In this post, the graduate of the illustrious academy demonstrates for us the concept of irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh