Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 06:59 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
fans should literally refuse to use the corporate names and come up with nicknames, or reinforce loved monikers of recent years.

call it Heinz Field or House of Rooney on the post-game talk show!

yes, its a reality to undergo these name changes. im not salty about losing 'heinz field', but the perception i could have about an insurance company's high profile visibility? it doubles, but of course 2 x 0 is still zero.

at least the Rams have been back in los angeles, where they belong! ghosts of jack youngblood....
As someone from Grand Rapids I was dumbfounded when I heard this was happening. At least the company does have some tie in through a minority owner. From a business perspective I get why they are doing it. I like their ambition. As a fan I think it’s obnoxious, I’m still going to call it Heinz Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 07:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
fans should literally refuse to use the corporate names and come up with nicknames, or reinforce loved monikers of recent years.

call it Heinz Field or House of Rooney on the post-game talk show!

yes, its a reality to undergo these name changes. im not salty about losing 'heinz field', but the perception i could have about an insurance company's high profile visibility? it doubles, but of course 2 x 0 is still zero.

at least the Rams have been back in los angeles, where they belong! ghosts of jack youngblood....
Folks will adapt to the new name. It’s nothing new. After all, many cried when it went from 3 Rivers to Heinz, and now folks are crying it’s no longer Heinz Field.

And the Rams are making huge money for their stadium being called ScoFi Stadium.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:20 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
The name of the field isn’t going to matter much. Attendance was dropping anyways. Hopefully they don’t suck this year.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
The name of the field isn’t going to matter much. Attendance was dropping anyways. Hopefully they don’t suck this year.
Except you’re hoping they do…and without Ben you’ll likely only have Watt to root against for awhile.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:40 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
i think they will...but i am excited actually to see a new era, a new rebuilding (we hope) of a perennial champeen!

wouldnt you think our defense has potential to be a game changer? (i am not looking at the schedule with consideration of opponent's 2021 performances, granted).

i like going in to the season WITHOUT already playoff expectations and all that. by that i mean its a lot of new strategy, a new face at QB, etc.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:08 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times
Quote:
Acrisure LLC was founded in 2005. They are an insurance brokerage firm headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI. Reportedly they are worth 23 billion dollars. Why are people upset?
why are people upset by this horrible name change?

why were people upset when they tore down the civic arena?

why were people upset when they tore down the syria mosque?

why were people upset when the penguins almost moved out of town?

it's simple - people who aren't robots tend to have strong feelings about their home town, like it's a member of their family

it's called civic pride

"Civic pride relates to how places promote and defend local identity and autonomy. It is often championed as a key value and aspiration of local government."

why do some people not have civic pride?

it's simple - they have no soul

Old 07-12-2022, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post

it's simple - people who aren't robots tend to have strong feelings about their home town, like it's a member of their family

it's called civic pride

"Civic pride relates to how places promote and defend local identity and autonomy. It is often championed as a key value and aspiration of local government."

Quite the assumption of folks that don’t get upset about a name change not having civic pride, not having a soul.

Did you say the same thing when Heinz Field was named instead of it being called 3 Rivers Stadium?

Old 07-12-2022, 07:04 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:

it's called civic pride

Money trumps thoughts, feelings and civic pride. The minority owner has a huge stake in the acrisure company. You don’t and I don’t. They were obviously writing a bigger check than Heinz.

You claim to have Civic pride. So you should be more upset than most of Heinz Company is gone from Pittsburgh. There is literally nothing left of them here.

Who cares what the football field is named. Heinz presence in Pittsburgh is almost nothing nowadays. That is something to be upset over.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:14 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times
Quote:
Money trumps thoughts, feelings and civic pride.

So you should be more upset than most of Heinz Company is gone from Pittsburgh.

Who cares what the football field is named. Heinz presence in Pittsburgh is almost nothing nowadays. That is something to be upset over.
when someone tries to nullify your feelings, then you know they have no people skills

when someone tries to tell you your feelings are misplaced, then you know they have no people skills

Heinz Field to be renamed Acrisure Stadium—and fans don’t love it

https://nextpittsburgh.com/latest-ne...-dont-love-it/

"Reaction online hasn’t been particularly thrilled. (But a win or two over the Ravens is a great way to salve hurt feelings.)

An official announcement could come as soon as Tuesday."

and when someone says "Money trumps thoughts, feelings and civic pride" - then you know they have no soul

i swear if PITT sold the cathedral of learning to a developer so it could be demolished and replaced with a walmart, there are people on this forum who would be totally fine with it

Old 07-12-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
when someone tries to nullify your feelings, then you know they have no people skills

when someone tries to tell you your feelings are misplaced, then you know they have no people skills

Heinz Field to be renamed Acrisure Stadium—and fans don’t love it

https://nextpittsburgh.com/latest-ne...-dont-love-it/

"Reaction online hasn’t been particularly thrilled. (But a win or two over the Ravens is a great way to salve hurt feelings.)

An official announcement could come as soon as Tuesday."

and when someone says "Money trumps thoughts, feelings and civic pride" - then you know they have no soul

i swear if PITT sold the cathedral of learning to a developer so it could be demolished and replaced with a walmart, there are people on this forum who would be totally fine with it
Why is it that you assume that folks that don’t think like you do have no people skills or soul? Does that go for folks that couldn’t care less about the Stillers?

Did you feel the same way when 3 Rivers became Heinz Field?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh