Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2022, 08:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
I do not. And you’ve admitted to faults with this roster, haven’t you? Not that I cling on to your every word like you do with mine, as much as you disagree with it.
Look our offensive line has been horrible. When Ben was playing last year he had NO time at all, but he has so much experience and talent he somehow made things happen. He was great. Now we have that same lousy offensive line and a rookie QB. What are people expecting? If he had some great team around him and a good offensive coach, that would be different. Najee is a very good back and he is struggling due to the O-line and a stupid coach that things a running back like Najee should be standing still and handed the ball from the shotgun. Madden is an idiot at this point. He is retiring soon and knows it. An angry old man. Maybe Pickett isn't going to last, but without supporting cast even Brady wouldn't do much.

Next year I am hoping they get a couple offensive linemen and a few more key players. I do feel we are 4 quality players from being a contender in the AFC. Not Super Bowl yet, but we could be playoff bound next year. Madden is just wanting to make money and leave. He is wondering why he is still there. I like him, but he is getting boring like a broken record. He wants to see Steeler fans suffer and uses Pickett as a pawn in his game. I would like to debate him, but he will just hang up. Why? I am smarter than he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 12:46 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Why? I am smarter than he is.
What's your IQ?

Old 12-27-2022, 03:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetie39 View Post
I couldn’t agree more with your post. 75 passing yards came on the last drive. Many thanks to George Pickens for saving the day. Pickett was a reach and likely would’ve never been drafted until his 5th year at Pitt. It was an outlier and the guy is just a game manager not a playmaker. I think this is the best you will see Pickett. Underwhelming at the QB position and able to squeak out wins against bottom feeders.
You’re just hoping for his demise while still complaining when they win and lose. If it was up to you they’d have taken Willis, lol

Old 12-27-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetie39 View Post
I would’ve taken neither. There was no QB worth taking in the first three rounds. Washington probably got the best value taking Sam Howell in the 5th round who I would argue overall is better than Pickett or Willis.
Nah, you were just wrong about Pickett not falling to the 3rd round and you continually praised Willis because of 1 quarter in the Senior Bowl. You’d argue most every qb is better than Pickett as he’s your new Ben to complain about. You’re hoping and wishing he fails same as the Stillers…but muh Jim Miller and Tomczak, lol. It’s also hilarious how you ignore the terrible offensive line in front of him and his completion percentage and yards which are close to Ben numbers.

Old 12-28-2022, 02:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 516,862 times
We’re not all “rooting for Kenny Pickett to fail”. Just aren’t really impressed with him. Numbers suck. Rather have Baker or Derek Carr for example. But I acknowledge there’s a ceiling at least with how he’s just a rookie… just can’t keep using that excuse into next season if things look any similar to now.

Old 12-28-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
We’re not all “rooting for Kenny Pickett to fail”. Just aren’t really impressed with him. Numbers suck. Rather have Baker or Derek Carr for example. But I acknowledge there’s a ceiling at least with how he’s just a rookie… just can’t keep using that excuse into next season if things look any similar to now.
Never said all are, just yourself and one other poster.

His completion percentage and yards are very similar to Ben’s rookie year, and Ben had a wayyy better team around him. You continue to deflect from the terrible offensive line in front of him…and lol at Mayfield or Carr. They’re really lighting it up, lol. It’s obvious you don’t watch teams other than who the Stillers play, and that performance by Carr with 3 interceptions against the Stillers was terrible and Mayfield is already on his 3rd team. You simply have a disdain for Pickett because he played at Pitt and you’ll never let go of it.

Old 12-28-2022, 06:17 PM

Quite the judge of talent as now Carr is benched

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-ben...edium=news_tab

Old 12-29-2022, 05:08 AM

Carr is still a better QB than Pickett, just needs a fresh start. Have you looked at stats? It’s jarring the amount of QB’s with better numbers than him. Many that have been laughed at, benched, etc.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Carr is still a better QB than Pickett, just needs a fresh start. Have you looked at stats? It’s jarring the amount of QB’s with better numbers than him. Many that have been laughed at, benched, etc.
You’d claim every qb is better than Pickett. You’re obsessed with hoping for his demise.

Why does Carr need a fresh start, and please be specific?

Old 12-29-2022, 05:30 PM

Sorry I’m just not that impressed with 5 TD/9 INT?

Carr has 217/99 in his career, with 21-12 in his rookie year… in which he was 23! When he was 24 (Pickett’s age)? 32/13. The raiders are a poorly coach and poorly ran organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh