Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 06:15 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
If we left it up to the states slavery would have persisted and segregation would be legal. States obviously cannot think for themselves. A woman should choose what is right for her body and her life.
Why do the states regulate voting or drivers licensing? The federal government shouldn't have a say, it should be up to the people what they want. If people want abortion legal then they should vote on the people who will uphold it on a state level. I don't want it legal except for certain exemptions so if it was a top tier issue for me i would choose my candidate wisely. It is not a top issue for me so i dgaf either way.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:29 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
None of those issues oppress women.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:33 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
None of those issues oppress women.
and one can argue federal abolition of slavery (which was a movement that started in the Americas in early decades of the 1700s), and a state restricting abortion are both in favor of the sanctity of human life.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:37 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quite the unfounded allegation…and states can certainly think for themselves. They just don’t always fit one’s narrative, even though they think they’re entitled to it. I recall the last 3 years my body my choice being criticized by so many in regards to what one should have to do with others bodies, and now my body my choice doesn’t fit this narrative. And there’s obviously a huge amount of women that don’t think the same on the subject of abortion, no matter how one wants to think otherwise.
i agree with the underlined! well said.

i hate how women and/or their spouses feel entitled to abortive procedures as a matter of health care covered by their insurance. that is so inconsistent. you want the government off your back about this, but then expect the community pool to cover the cost of a procedure.

"my body, my choice"...."but Mutual of Omaha's financial responsibility"?

Old 09-15-2022, 03:32 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
Who is trying to cancel democracy? Oh yeah, the MAGA Republicans. Talk about people who love cancel culture. Talk about snowflakes who can't accept it when they lose an election.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:02 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Who is trying to cancel democracy? Oh yeah, the MAGA Republicans. Talk about people who love cancel culture. Talk about snowflakes who can't accept it when they lose an election.
Interesting how folks weren’t crying about canceling democracy in regards to insisting folks take an experimental shot.

The cancel culture folks started with statues, cartoon characters, syrup bottles, etc…, and still haven’t stopped, and they certainly weren’t MAGA Republicans.

Because Trump impeachment talks began and the goosechase started shortly after poor Hillary lost. It’s been the definition of snowflakes not accepting losing an election…and let’s not forget this. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1238156

Last edited by erieguy; 09-15-2022 at 05:21 AM..

Old 09-15-2022, 05:55 AM

987 posts, read 280,132 times
Quote:
and now my body my choice doesn’t fit this narrative.

You're so so right.

All these anti-vaxxers were screaming my body my choice, but now are suddenly silent when it comes to abortion.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Interesting how folks weren’t crying about canceling democracy in regards to insisting folks take an experimental shot.

The cancel culture folks started with statues, cartoon characters, syrup bottles, etc…, and still haven’t stopped, and they certainly weren’t MAGA Republicans.

Because Trump impeachment talks began and the goosechase started shortly after poor Hillary lost. It’s been the definition of snowflakes not accepting losing an election…and let’s not forget this. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1238156
What do vaccines have to do with canceling democracy? No one made you take a vaccine.

Seriously, none of those things matter. Like, you're going to be okay. Lmao. Save me the pearl clutching over Aunt Jemima.

Well, the quid pro quo stuff was absolutely alarming. Do you support Russia, or do you support Ukraine? And the second impeachment was absolutely necessary. I can't believe all of the coward Republicans who voted against it, even though they knew ethically they should vote for it. Those Republican senators were afraid of the information silos (Fox News, Newsmax, etc) coming for them, which would be followed by the MAGA base coming for them.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:25 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
What do vaccines have to do with canceling democracy? No one made you take a vaccine.

Seriously, none of those things matter. Like, you're going to be okay. Lmao. Save me the pearl clutching over Aunt Jemima.

Well, the quid pro quo stuff was absolutely alarming. Do you support Russia, or do you support Ukraine? And the second impeachment was absolutely necessary. I can't believe all of the coward Republicans who voted against it, even though they knew ethically they should vote for it. Those Republican senators were afraid of the information silos (Fox News, Newsmax, etc) coming for them, which would be followed by the MAGA base coming for them.
Except Dems wanted mandates to make everyone take the experimental shot/s, so that’s certainly an example of canceling democracy when folks aren’t given a choice. Funny how my body my choice is only touted when it fits one’s narrative.

Those examples are just a few of the cancel culture nonsense. This whole pronoun thing is really hilarious. It would be easier to start with what doesn’t hurt Dems feelings.

The war shouldn’t have happened to begin with, unfortunately, Sleepy Joe was unable to keep the peace with foreign leaders like his predecessor, and Putin attacked for a second time with him in office…and to top it off, Sleepy Joe bought oil off of Putin which obviously fund his war.

The impeachments were nothing but the results of hurt feelings, and feelings were/are hurt so badly that they continued through a pandemic…but muh MAGA, lol.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Except Dems wanted mandates to make everyone take the experimental shot/s, so that’s certainly an example of canceling democracy when folks aren’t given a choice. Funny how my body my choice is only touted when it fits one’s narrative.

Those examples are just a few of the cancel culture nonsense. This whole pronoun thing is really hilarious. It would be easier to start with what doesn’t hurt Dems feelings.

The war shouldn’t have happened to begin with, unfortunately, Sleepy Joe was unable to keep the peace with foreign leaders like his predecessor, and Putin attacked for a second time with him in office…and to top it off, Sleepy Joe bought oil off of Putin which obviously fund his war.

The impeachments were nothing but the results of hurt feelings, and feelings were/are hurt so badly that they continued through a pandemic…but muh MAGA, lol.
You're conflating issues of individual subjectivity vs group-oriented subjectivity with democracy. Further, no one was ever truly required to get the vaccine. Some employers chose to make it mandated, which was their right. If you didn't want it, you could stop working there. Ultimately, what you are doing is deflecting. MAGA Republicans are trying to overthrow the foundations of our representative democracy. It is a huge issue.

Again, you're going to be okay. You don't like some other people's pronouns (not sure why you're expending energy on them?), but you're going to be okay.

The war starting is not Biden's fault, like what the heck? Seriously, are you this trapped in an information silo? You just blame Biden for everything without an ounce of nuance or critical thinking? Really, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than that. Even if you are conservative, at least think things through at a level higher than, "Biden bad. Biden responsible for all problems in world!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh