Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 01:44 AM

11 posts, read 9,487 times

Advertisements

Have an employment opportunity in New Castle, PA and coming from CT, am not familiar with the area.
I will need commute to Pittsburgh for a day every second week.

Looking at the site, there are mixed reviews on Cranberry, but seemed a logical choice for a single sub-30 year old.

Looking to rent initially with a budget of around $2000 - $2300 per month. Would prefer an apartment complex or similar in an area where there will be other young professionals in my age group.
Good restaurants and some nightlife
As I have a cat, needs to be pet friendly
Another plus would be off street parking
Am open to any options that will allow me around a 45-60 min commute and could even look at options in OH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 08:20 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Yes, Cranberry Township is your best bet if you want to stay in PA. But if you wouldn't mind being resident in Ohio, suggest looking into suburbs of Youngstown like Boardman Township.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:29 AM

Thank you

Old 11-21-2022, 05:51 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Cranberry Township will be fine. It is a rapidly growing suburban area that is about a half-hour's drive from Pittsburgh and about 40 minutes from New Castle. Cranberry Township offers a ton of shopping/dining options, is very safe, and is proximate to the highways. It gets some scorn on here because it is VERY newer suburban in look/feel (i.e. few sidewalks, few bike lanes, no real "Downtown" to stroll around, etc.), but for your purposes it should fit the bill.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:21 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Cranberry Township will be fine. It is a rapidly growing suburban area that is about a half-hour's drive from Pittsburgh and about 40 minutes from New Castle. Cranberry Township offers a ton of shopping/dining options, is very safe, and is proximate to the highways. It gets some scorn on here because it is VERY newer suburban in look/feel (i.e. few sidewalks, few bike lanes, no real "Downtown" to stroll around, etc.), but for your purposes it should fit the bill.
Might Slippery Rock also fit the bill as a relatively close college town?

Old 11-21-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Thank you

Old 11-21-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Might Slippery Rock also fit the bill as a relatively close college town?
Will take a look at slippery rock as well

Old 11-22-2022, 06:13 AM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
are you to be working in new castle or just living? any chance SSA or IRS fed employee? if so PM me

Old 11-22-2022, 06:17 AM

Will be working in New Castle, but not Fed

Old 11-22-2022, 07:21 AM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakad View Post
Will be working in New Castle, but not Fed

ok, I have a good friend auctioneer based out of new castle so get to his town a lot, the residential area is not too bad, but downtown is a hole....no parking as everyone has little fiefdoms and the SSA and IRS are actually there so 'customer' parking is a captive audience and the tow trucks are little nazis

an aside: sadly the BE Taylor christmas show is not at the Scottish Rites Cathedral anymore so that little gem is no more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh