Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2022, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 502 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Looking to move into the area, and I already know some of the neighborhoods specifically in Hopewell, but was hoping those could share their experiences with the neighborhood back on Maratta Rd?

and I understanding that this is a hard ask, but I just want to better understand what areas are "safe" or where to stay away from... make the best educated decision.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2022, 03:17 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15001 View Post
Hi all,

Looking to move into the area, and I already know some of the neighborhoods specifically in Hopewell, but was hoping those could share their experiences with the neighborhood back on Maratta Rd?

and I understanding that this is a hard ask, but I just want to better understand what areas are "safe" or where to stay away from... make the best educated decision.

Thanks in advance.
That is one area you don't hear about much on here. You don't hear about Sewickley either. I am not sure why, but that direction seems to be quiet. I hope someone can chime in to help. Sorry I can't.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:38 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,557,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15001 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Hi! Hopewell is generally a safe working-to-middle class area, but if you're looking to live there, the closer to the Crescent/Moon border, or even Raccoon or Center parts are far preferable to being closer to Aliquippa.

Aliquippa is surrounded by Hopewell Township for the most part and shares a mailing address with it, so if you're looking to buy, be mindful of the borders as real estate listings might lead you to believe that a given house is in one and not the other and vice versa. In short, look at anywhere you're going to rent or buy in person and check the local crime stats, too, as Aliquippa definitely has some issues that Hopewell as a whole does not.

Overall, that end of Beaver County aside from parts of Aliquippa (and West Aliquippa) and Ambridge is a decent place to live.

Old 12-13-2022, 09:36 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Hi! Hopewell is generally a safe working-to-middle class area, but if you're looking to live there, the closer to the Crescent/Moon border, or even Raccoon or Center parts are far preferable to being closer to Aliquippa.

Aliquippa is surrounded by Hopewell Township for the most part and shares a mailing address with it, so if you're looking to buy, be mindful of the borders as real estate listings might lead you to believe that a given house is in one and not the other and vice versa. In short, look at anywhere you're going to rent or buy in person and check the local crime stats, too, as Aliquippa definitely has some issues that Hopewell as a whole does not.

Overall, that end of Beaver County aside from parts of Aliquippa (and West Aliquippa) and Ambridge is a decent place to live.
Glad someone responded. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2022, 10:47 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
All I know of Hopewell is that famous chicken place Harold's Inn Restaurant | Hopewell, PA

A blue collar town relatively safe. Affordable housing.

Old 12-18-2022, 02:37 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
All I know of Hopewell is that famous chicken place Harold's Inn Restaurant | Hopewell, PA

A blue collar town relatively safe. Affordable housing.
That picture of fried chicken does look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh