Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 03:52 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Person found shot inside car in Pittsburgh’s North Side dies at hospital

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/pers...edium=news_tab
Yeah. I was picking up litter near Marshall Avenue yesterday and saw a police car go flying off the ramp off NB 65 for that one. In my neighborhood the pizzeria (Cerasoli's) on Brighton Road was robbed at gunpoint on Friday night, and they are now permanently closing.

Don't worry. The mayor has a plan. We just haven't been told what it is yet or how he plans to implement it.

His plan for Downtown is a joke, too. So what happens to the other zones, which are already understaffed, when more of their officers are yanked to babysit the addicts and the violent teenagers who roam around Downtown? How is he finding 40 DPW workers to pick up litter Downtown when the ones we already have can't even empty the full trash cans on the North Side or pick up my filled contractor-sized litter bags for sometimes weeks at a time?

Old 02-06-2023, 09:41 AM

34 posts, read 11,665 times
Quote:
Person found shot inside car in Pittsburgh’s North Side dies at hospital

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/pers...edium=news_tab
Not sure why this is on topic. A tragedy to be sure, but given the facts thus far, could simply be a suicide.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:31 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Allegheny County police will assist Pittsburgh with downtown patrols

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...edium=news_tab

Old 02-06-2023, 12:40 PM

Still waiting for the plan to be implemented with this tipping point supposedly being addressed

Sources: One police officer dead, another injured after shooting in McKeesport

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/mck...ivity/42778571

Old 02-06-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Yeah. I was picking up litter near Marshall Avenue yesterday and saw a police car go flying off the ramp off NB 65 for that one. In my neighborhood the pizzeria (Cerasoli's) on Brighton Road was robbed at gunpoint on Friday night, and they are now permanently closing.

Don't worry. The mayor has a plan. We just haven't been told what it is yet or how he plans to implement it.

His plan for Downtown is a joke, too. So what happens to the other zones, which are already understaffed, when more of their officers are yanked to babysit the addicts and the violent teenagers who roam around Downtown? How is he finding 40 DPW workers to pick up litter Downtown when the ones we already have can't even empty the full trash cans on the North Side or pick up my filled contractor-sized litter bags for sometimes weeks at a time?
Well Big Ed and the community leaders are asking folks for help with the criminals, and we’ve been told they live in one area and reside in the Allegheny Commons building, including the AirBnB killers, and children are getting new in the box guns from legal firearms dealers so if folks that are concerned with the skyrocketing murders and shootings would provide this info to the powers that be it should help greatly…and since we’ve been told it’s only wealthy folks from a few burbs that are supposedly scared of the area/s, it really shouldn’t be that big of a concern for folks that live there, as we’ve been told just keep your head down as bystanders barely have anything to worry about. We’ve also been told by someone who lives in the city that a 39% increase in homicides isn’t a big deal, yet we’ve also been told that murders can happen anywhere and anytime, the streets are lined with meth and fentanyl, and the city has a million problems, yet these same folks folks continue to vote for soft on crime political figures, so nothing’s likely to change anytime soon.

Last edited by erieguy; 02-06-2023 at 01:09 PM..

Old 02-06-2023, 01:00 PM

34 posts, read 11,665 times
Quote:
Still waiting for the plan to be implemented with this tipping point supposedly being addressed

Sources: One police officer dead, another injured after shooting in McKeesport

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/mck...ivity/42778571
Is this thread about Pittsburgh Police staffing, or any police-involved shooting in Allegheny County? Early reports suggest this may have been a domestic that got out of control and ended tragically. Less guns = less gun crime. Period. You say you support police? You want more police (so do I); you want better trained police (so do I); you want better equipped police (so do I); you want stronger sentences against those who commit gun crimes (so do I). So you are in favor of all these efforts in support of police, but when it comes to taking strong steps to reduce the amount of guns in society, you do not support the police?

Last edited by burghophilia-12; 02-06-2023 at 01:09 PM..

Old 02-06-2023, 04:13 PM

408 posts, read 231,736 times
That one person situation is sad, very sad If you read, was a prior military individual and was mentally breaking down. I know a lot of friends with PTSD and other conditions because of the military. Don’t judge too quickly or jump on local politics when they don’t have control over something like that. I suggest individuals who speak about these issues, actually read up on them instead of jumping on the usually band wagon responses and pointing fingers.

https://youtu.be/ACpczZtIYns

Last edited by Higherho; 02-06-2023 at 04:48 PM..

Old 02-06-2023, 05:44 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

i cant explain how very sad i am to hear this.

i was not aware they were robbed at gunpoint. i have had their food - VERY GOOD considering its a standard pizza take out place. The people running it were always very cool to me - as i was to them, curious about their background, thinking them italian. no, they are bosnian. and they were very kind and appreciative of my curiosity of their background.

i am surprised it has taken this long, and im not throwing a softball here where its easy. i was always very careful parking right there - the place is well populated by druggies and slime balls. i somehow felt uneasy in my mind, thinking their days might be numbered before they'd be robbed, and HOPEFULLY only robbed without a bloodbath or something.

good luck to that family - sweet, hard working people who came to this country and hopefully made enough that closure of the business wont kill them financially. maybe they can tell family back in europe that if they contemplate coming to the US, to avoid the hell holes of urban american and find a better location to get your feet planted, like Squirrel Hill or the western suburbs, where the impulsive lifestyles just wreck everything.

Old 02-06-2023, 09:24 PM

Tipping point continues

Victim rushed into surgery after being stabbed in Sheraden

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/vict...edium=news_tab

Old 02-07-2023, 07:38 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Tipping point continues

Victim rushed into surgery after being stabbed in Sheraden

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/vict...edium=news_tab
Zephyr Avenue - its had its problems. not the first time this year, nor the second or third, possibly, where there have been victims of assault.

i once considered Sheraden as a place to finally buy and settle. i love the wide streets (i found peace of mind to use the bike up there because there was ROOM on the roadway!), the rather abundant greenery, and nearby Chartiers City with its gently sloping streets and beautiful, almost bucolic views of the quilt of homes.
Sheraden itself has some grand old homes - i would not buy one of THOSE, but they are inspiring and at least once proud.

all ruined, pretty much. there might be slices of Sheraden that are nice, though, maybe with some long time locals.

i was haunted for a long time by this one woman - she was sitting on the porch steps at Jeffers and Faronia Street. looking down into her lap. i stopped to just see if she was OK - older, maybe 60s, dressed formally but in old clothes, as if she at least tried to look nice and feminine. she was slim, maybe an indication of a meager income and lifestyle.
she smiled slightly and said "im ok"....i dont know if she was depressed, in a bad relationship, whatever. the last thing she probably needed was some nebby sweaty bicyclist to talk about her personal things. i just felt horrible thinking she could be a good soul, kind, gentle, but just born in a bad culture where it is hard to get out of, especially without strong parents or role models. i left but was just felt to bad for her soft, kind face and that sad look.
that was maybe 5-6 years ago. i can never DREAM of biking from Frankstown Ave. all the way out there anymore! I might try to get back to that this spring.....but i have to remember 'DO NOT ENGAGE'....too often people are rude, aggressive (thinking any stranger engagement is a threat or something), or despondent, which affects my own mood. better to be cold and unengaging.

poor Sheraden, and for maybe the good people there who have miserable lives not of their own choosing, but from a life of poverty and being subjugated by bad parenting or bad behaviour of violent neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh