Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 09:02 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times

Advertisements

I am surprised at how many folks shop at GE. I go there once a year for one thing.

My grocery shopping is Trader Joes, WF, Target, and some Aldi for certain staples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2023, 08:09 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
What you buy and consume is much more important than where you buy it.

Old 12-15-2023, 10:27 PM

408 posts, read 231,217 times
I just started getting Whole Foods delivered to my house once a week roughly. They just started in our area. A bulk of my items though still come from Giant Eagle’s market district in Robinson, biggest store they have.

Old 12-19-2023, 05:56 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I am surprised at how many folks shop at GE. I go there once a year for one thing.

My grocery shopping is Trader Joes, WF, Target, and some Aldi for certain staples.
People who shop at Giant Eagle are spending much more money than they could if they shopped at other stores. It is that simple.

Also, Advantage Pay is a bank account not a credit card. Credit cards offer many more protections on fraud. The less people that have a person's banking information the better. I'm sure Giant Eagle outsources this processing. It is misleading to post the Advantage Pay gas price first when that is not the public price.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:20 AM

63 posts, read 55,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Where do most Pittsburgher's do their grocery shopping? With our topology I'd think it would be pretty area specific but shopping habits are so different than 10-20 years ago.

Do most still do like one weekly trip to Giant Eagle/Kuhns/Aldi/whichever? I feel like our house its some combo of Target pickup, Costco/Sams, and random stops at GE for whatever we've missed.

I'm curious the shopping habits of the rest of Pgh
Murray Ave. Kosher is my Ride or Die local grocer. Worth a trip there every other few Sundays to stock up on food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh