Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,578,922 times

Advertisements

When and Where?

I was able to make it to the one last August/September at Heinz Field and had a great time (free Clarks concert was awesome too). I haven't heard much about there being one this year, but I assume that there simply must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM

11 posts, read 36,019 times
Yes, it is the same place this year. It is over Labor Day Weekend. Actually, my very good friends own a competitor called Big Boned BBQ, and they actually won the competition last year. Their food is incredible, so stop by and say that Kerry sent you!
Here is their website: http://bigbonedbarbeque.com/index.cfm/pageid/4/srcalendar/5
that specifically has the link to more information about the rib burnoff

Hope this helps!

Last edited by delia575; 07-31-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: change information

Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,578,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delia575 View Post
Yes, it is the same place this year. It is over Labor Day Weekend. Actually, my very good friends own a competitor called Big Boned BBQ, and they actually won the competition last year. Their food is incredible, so stop by and say that Kerry sent you!
Here is their website: Big Boned Barbeque - Default Title
that specifically has the link to more information about the rib burnoff

Hope this helps!
Awesome, thank you so much!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,801 times
Yeah the ribfest is great for the family. Great music and fun games. Incredible food from my favorite competitor Ribbins BBQ from Chambersburg Pa,17201. The service and food is perfect every year. Even if the line is long it's worth the wait.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 9,628 times
thanks very much for posting this question and the response. i was very worried there wasnt going to be a rib fest this year as there was no mentions of it in any of the summer event guides. last year was my first time and i loved it and cant wait to get back there.

i did a little searching and i see that the band Night Ranger is playing the fest on Sat Aug 30 and Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Sun Aug 31.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,310 times
Default rib fest

has anyone been to previous rib fests? was plannin on goin this yr...just wondered a few things...how much does it round about cost...can u take ur own beer?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:21 AM

32 posts, read 103,702 times
Oh my, I wish I would have came back here sooner! This sounds like fun...I've been trying to find something for me and my family to do all summer! Oh well, there's always next year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: