Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
In that case, tough crap, give the child up for adoption
Yeah, and as another poster said, there are too many kids up for adoption now.

What about someone like me? (Im sooo going to get slammed for this)

I absolutely, positively cannot stand children for more than 10 minutes. I do not find them cute, and I avoid them as often as I can.
Furthermore, I also cannot understand why any woman in her right mind would go through 9 months of torture ( not including the birth, which is said to be both torture and agony) only to give the thing away. Then even after its been put up for adoption, her body is messed up for sometimes years afterward.

Why would you put a kid up for adoption, who might not get adopted? Why allow that kid to run around wondering "Why was I not wanted?"
Not to mention the financial burden that un-adopted children in the system cause the state that they reside in....Wont even go into depth there.

Nip it in the bud before it has the intelligence to know it wasnt wanted.
Besides, some people like me weren't meant to be parents-and know it. But, accidents happen even with the best forms of birth control.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,710,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
It suggests there is not a set-in-stone gene for homosexuality. That was my point. So apparently it ain't all nature.
Everything is nature. Nothing exists outside nature. Maybe you haven't gotten that far in philosophy class, or biology class for that matter.

It is in some insects' nature to cannibalize each other, usually their mates. In humans, it is an aberration. That being said, if somebody wants to will their body to cannibals, I have no problem with it.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,800,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Yeah, and as another poster said, there are too many kids up for adoption now.

What about someone like me? (Im sooo going to get slammed for this)

I absolutely, positively cannot stand children for more than 10 minutes. I do not find them cute, and I avoid them as often as I can.
Furthermore, I also cannot understand why any woman in her right mind would go through 9 months of torture ( not including the birth, which is said to be both torture and agony) only to give the thing away. Then even after its been put up for adoption, her body is messed up for sometimes years afterward.

Why would you put a kid up for adoption, who might not get adopted? Why allow that kid to run around wondering "Why was I not wanted?"
Not to mention the financial burden that un-adopted children in the system cause the state that they reside in....Wont even go into depth there.

Nip it in the bud before it has the intelligence to know it wasnt wanted.
Besides, some people like me weren't meant to be parents-and know it. But, accidents happen even with the best forms of birth control.
Valid points, but that's your belief and I have mine.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Everything is nature. Nothing exists outside nature. Maybe you haven't gotten that far in philosophy class, or biology class for that matter.

It is in some insects' nature to cannibalize each other, usually their mates. In humans, it is an aberration. That being said, if somebody wants to will their body to cannibals, I have no problem with it.
Talk about sophistry! Nature (1) Essential characteristics; (2) the material world. You misused my definition of the term nature. I can clearly go against my own nature by doing things against my own personality. Have you ever taken a biology or philosophy class? What meaningless argumentation.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:

But, whose belief should be written into law? The person most affected by abortion. The one who needs an abortion. The one who doesn't like abortion can ignore it. It's a lot like gay marriage. Banning it affects the people who can't get married more than it does the (probably) repressed homosexual who stays awake at night dwelling over it.

Fetuses aren't people until they can live outside the womb. I get sick of typing it, but I guess I still have to.

Anybody who has ever protested abortion is obligated to adopt at least one child. How's that for a law?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:11 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,800,958 times
Quote:
But, whose belief should be written into law? The person most affected by abortion. The one who needs an abortion. The one who doesn't like abortion can ignore it. It's a lot like gay marriage. Banning it affects the people who can't get married more than it does the (probably) repressed homosexual who stays awake at night dwelling over it.

Fetuses aren't people until they can live outside the womb. I get sick of typing it, but I guess I still have to.

Anybody who has ever protested abortion is obligated to adopt at least one child. How's that for a law?
I like that law. Thankfully I've never protested, and more than likely never will, as I believe it serves it's purpose under certain circumstances

Old 09-14-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Talk about sophistry! Nature (1) Essential characteristics; (2) the material world. You misused my definition of the term nature. I can clearly go against my own nature by doing things against my own personality. Have you ever taken a biology or philosophy class? What meaningless argumentation.
You said "it's not just nature" in regards to homosexuality. I responded that everything is nature. There really isn't a way for me to misuse your definition of the term.

I think you're tired. You should get some sleep. Your posts are getting more and more disjointed.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:

And still you offer no support for your opinion, just your own belief as if it carries credence because you said it.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,072 times
Quote:
I have no problem with others having their own beliefs. What I DO have a problem with is the idea of banning such procedures, thereby blocking persons such as myself of a safe option to end an unwanted pregnancy.

Trust me, there are MANY other ways to end one, but they are not only deadly to the intended party, but also potentially deadly to the one carrying the intended party.

If a woman doesnt want a baby badly enough, she WILL get rid of it by either fair means or foul.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
You said "it's not just nature" in regards to homosexuality. I responded that everything is nature. There really isn't a way for me to misuse your definition of the term.

I think you're tired. You should get some sleep. Your posts are getting more and more disjointed.
yes nature meaning character structured by the material world.Not everything that we do is ingrained in our personalities by the natural world. We clearly can do things that are out of character. Unless you believe in determinism...then where is freedom you profess. Time for little boys to get some rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh