Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,710,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Oh gawd...TMI!!
You're kidding, right?

I said I can't smoke pot because I'm being forced to submit to a drug test and that's too much info?

This is the world in which we live.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
I have no clue what you mean by some other kind of green. So yes, your first thoughts. And yes, moralizing do-gooders suck
I don't know of any other kind of green. The can of worms I was referring to is the one I just apparently opened.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
You're kidding, right?

I said I can't smoke pot because I'm being forced to submit to a drug test and that's too much info?

This is the world in which we live.
If I'm forced to submit to drug testing, specifically for marijuana, people who collect welfare should be subject to the same tests.

Yep, you opened it alright, haha.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Obviously not if there is such a huge debate over it.

So is a ten year old. Should we execute pre-teens? Middle-agers?

Same argument as the last.

I've already refuted this. There are siamese twins who can't live without their sibling. Physical attachment does not define humanity. Dependency does not define humanity otherwise children would not be considered humans. Thus, your argument is reduced to what? since its inside a person its not human? why?
I have offered all of those as support for my opinion, which also happens to be based on facts.

I think you need to check your own logic buddy.
Because what is inside that human is basically parasitic. Would you not get rid of unwanted parasites? Hookworms, ticks, etc? THEY'RE alive and inside you...
Siamese twins are not parasitic, however. Im cant think of the biological term for it right now, however that example doesnt hold much water. Siamese twins, while true that they depend on each other( so do many plants and animals..many species wouldnt survive without another exact species), are NOT parasitic towards one another once born. They are co-dependent

Fetus's ARE parasitic to their mothers.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
If I'm forced to submit to drug testing, specifically for marijuana, people who collect welfare should be subject to the same tests.

Yep, you opened it alright, haha.
It was the peeing in the cup part...Im a visual person dadgum it...

Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 AM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Because what is inside that human is basically parasitic. Would you not get rid of unwanted parasites? Hookworms, ticks, etc? THEY'RE alive and inside you...
Siamese twins are not parasitic, however. Im cant think of the biological term for it right now, however that example doesnt hold much water. Siamese twins, while true that they depend on each other( so do many plants and animals..many species wouldnt survive without another exact species), are NOT parasitic towards one another once born. They are co-dependent

Fetus's ARE parasitic to their mothers.
This is simply not true. There are certain twins where only one twin can live on its own while the other must live off the other. Why don't you check your facts first. Also, children are then parasitic to their parents, just not physically.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 AM

Ok, so what I've learned here tonight (and already knew) is that abortion, like meat, is murder. Sometimes homicide is justifiable.

Since people can't seem to agree on when humanity begins, I'm going to say I believe it begins on this side of the vagina (which rules out Siamese twins, Jews, ten year olds and any other ridiculous comparisons made by our dear friend on this thread and others) and hope that the Supreme Court continues to agree with me.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
This is simply not true. There are certain twins where only one twin can live on its own while the other must live off the other. Why don't you check your facts first. Also, children are then parasitic to their parents, just not physically.
-grin-
Touchy much?

True...so we've established that children are parasites until (maybe) 18-ish or so.

Also, I never claimed to be a pediatrician. However, since you did say that there are certain ( which I take to believe that that means only some) twins where one can live on its own and the other cannot, that these perhaps might be in the minority?

Now that I think about it...if one child can live on its own and the other can't, then I guess that means one of them is a bigger parasite than the other once born.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Ok, so what I've learned here tonight (and already knew) is that abortion, like meat, is murder. Sometimes homicide is justifiable.

Since people can't seem to agree on when humanity begins, I'm going to say I believe it begins on this side of the vagina (which rules out Siamese twins, Jews, ten year olds and any other ridiculous comparisons made by our dear friend on this thread and others) and hope that the Supreme Court continues to agree with me.
I've learned that Colddiamond is visualizing you urinating

Old 09-14-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I've learned that Colddiamond is visualizing you urinating

I've learned I have a potential connection in Western PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh