Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:39 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times

Advertisements

It is because many countries laws say it is. I personally only believe in abortion under certain extreme circumstances.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:40 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
It is because many countries laws say it is. I personally only believe in abortion under certain extreme circumstances.

There are few circumstances more extreme than being pregnant when you don't want to be.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I don't eat meat because I believe the taking of a sentient life is wrong when I can eat something else. That's just my personal belief. Since Nature says otherwise, I don't think it should be banned. Abortion, like homosexuality, exists throughout the animal kingdom. Maternal instinct includes the occasional knowledge that there just won't be enough food (or income) to support another mouth to feed. It is a natural right that is reserved by anything capable of bearing young. I don't make the rules, I just live by them.

Edit: Animal kingdom abortions take many forms, including spontaneous miscarriage, actual induced abortions by some primates (including humans) and post-birth abortions, which usually end up in the mothers' stomachs.
So I guess it would be better if mothers ate their young? Hey, why disrespect nature?
Your presupposition seems to be that nature structures ethics. Mine isn't; so when you prove that it is logically necessary to obey these "rules" of nature, then I'll follow you into the abyss.

BTW, I thought you said you are your own god? If that is so, then why do you obey nature the way you do? Why not create the rules, or recreate what you see fit if your a god?

Few situations more extreme than unwanted pregnancy? Wow, how terrible to have 9 months wasted!

Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
There are few circumstances more extreme than being pregnant when you don't want to be.
In that case, tough crap, give the child up for adoption

Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
So I guess it would be better if mothers ate their young? Hey, why disrespect nature?
Your presupposition seems to be that nature structures ethics. Mine isn't; so when you prove that it is logically necessary to obey these "rules" of nature, then I'll follow you into the abyss.
If it wasn't for the laws and rules of nature we wouldn't be the supreme beings that we are

Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
The abyss? By moving back toward the nature of which we are a part? Gimme a break. Humanity began its slide into the abyss the day religion, aka artificial morality, was invented. The day we start making laws based on nature instead of some outdated holy book written by madmen is the day things start to sort themselves out.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
The abyss? By moving back toward the nature of which we are a part? Gimme a break. Humanity began its slide into the abyss the day religion, aka artificial morality, was invented. The day we start making laws based on nature instead of some outdated holy book written by madmen is the day things start to sort themselves out.
Hallelujah, amen and all that good jazz

Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
If it wasn't for the laws and rules of nature we wouldn't be the supreme beings that we are
Thank you. It's borderline idiotic to think we're separate from nature.

Wait, scratch that borderline.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
The day we start making laws based on nature instead of some outdated holy book written by madmen is the day things start to sort themselves out.
"All the law can be summed up by this: love."

--Madman #1

Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Thank you. It's borderline idiotic to think we're separate from nature.

Wait, scratch that borderline.
So I suppose we shouldn't use our eye sight because our lesser evolved ancestors had no eyes. Nature is always progressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh