Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,294,272 times

Advertisements

I plan on a trip to Pittsburgh soon any motels reasonably priced. Anything in Sharpsburg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:24 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,332,580 times
I doubt there are motels in Sharpsburg although I think one used to be there on the main street. A little further up the river in Harmarville is a few. Valley Motel might be the cheapest and there is a Holiday Inn Express, Motel 9 or something, maybe others.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM

89 posts, read 535,739 times
YES yes yes, we just visited Pittsburgh for the first time last weekend and stayed at Mainstay Suites. It was wonderful, nice area close to lots of shopping, a short drive to downtown. We found it on Travelocity and were very pleasantly suprised! We actually stayed an extra night on a whim because it was so reasonable. The rooms were VERY clean and plenty of space. Plus both rooms we stayed in had a full kitchen! So we bought some food at the Super Walmart just down the road and saved some money! Plus, the staff was very friendly! Check it out- we plan on staying there again.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:08 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
I plan on a trip to Pittsburgh soon any motels reasonably priced. Anything in Sharpsburg?
I don't know what is reasonable since I don't travel much,but there is a Holiday inn in RIDC industrial park on north rt 28.This is right up the road from Sharpsburg.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,780,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhimmelreich View Post
YES yes yes, we just visited Pittsburgh for the first time last weekend and stayed at Mainstay Suites. It was wonderful, nice area close to lots of shopping, a short drive to downtown. We found it on Travelocity and were very pleasantly suprised! We actually stayed an extra night on a whim because it was so reasonable. The rooms were VERY clean and plenty of space. Plus both rooms we stayed in had a full kitchen! So we bought some food at the Super Walmart just down the road and saved some money! Plus, the staff was very friendly! Check it out- we plan on staying there again.
Is that the one in Greentree? If so, I stayed there once before as well, very nice places. They feel more like an apartment than a hotel room, and if I remember they were very reasonable for their size and the amenities, roughly $100 a night. Other places in the city are closer to $200 a night.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:48 PM

89 posts, read 535,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Is that the one in Greentree? If so, I stayed there once before as well, very nice places. They feel more like an apartment than a hotel room, and if I remember they were very reasonable for their size and the amenities, roughly $100 a night. Other places in the city are closer to $200 a night.
Yes, I believe thats where it was!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,758,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhimmelreich View Post
Yes, I believe thats where it was!
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's in Robinson since I live in that area and pass it often. And I know of no Walmart Supercenter in Greentree. There is one just down the road near Robinson Town Center.

Pittsburgh PA Hotels, MainStay Suites extended stay hotel near University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA 15275
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh