Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,370,444 times

Advertisements

> Too Ghetto....thats just an ignorant way to say that more black people support the mall? <

You preface your post with a statement like that when the rest of us thought nothing like you of using the term "too ghetto." To me it was briefer and to the point of saying not upscale enough. I'm tired of being politically correct and having to watch what I say so I don't offend the whining black population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
To me it was briefer and to the point of saying not upscale enough.
I wanted to pull this part of your response out and try a different take on what's been said. Not upscale enough to me fits the description perfectly.

South Hills Village is one of the oldest malls around yet remains as fresh as when I first saw it when it opened decades ago. A bit pricey in the shop selection but always well lit, clean, an overall feeling of management and ownership pride. Century III gives me the feeling that they don't care how it looks. It's here, you can come or not come.

I'll tell you exactly what it reminds me of. Anyone remember all those dreadful buildings along Rt 51 owned by the Levitskes? All rundown relics of the past that received upkeep only if the tenants did it themselves. That's what C-III reminds me of on a grand scale.

Thousands of shoppers didn't flee because the bus from McKeesport brings customers in, that shopper base was there from day one. Every single problem the mall has can be traced back to failure to adapt and change with the times.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,699,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
How come everytime a black man states facts yall say pity party!! I only know the truth in my shoes....I don't know the truth in yo shoes!(I said "yo" cause I can) How come everytime an intelligent black man utters a word of sense "they" say its "pity" or "reverse racism"? Actually read what I said instead of taking a peice of what I said!
I read entirely what you said, and it's the same sob story over and over and over again. I quoted the first sentence because it set the standard for your post.

And by the way, I work at South Hills Village Mall, and there are plenty of black, white, upper income, lower income, middle income, toothless, and women with thousands of dollars of plastic surgery there every day.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:15 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,218 times
Looks like SIMON is cutting back funds everywhere, not just Century III;

Cranberry makes plans for Route 228 sans Simon development

Old 01-30-2009, 10:24 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,699,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
Looks like SIMON is cutting back funds everywhere, not just Century III;

Cranberry makes plans for Route 228 sans Simon development
There are all sorts of rumors going around at the South Hills Village Mall now, we of course have Boscovs that left a huge hole.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM

727 posts, read 1,890,507 times
Quote:
> Too Ghetto....thats just an ignorant way to say that more black people support the mall? <

You preface your post with a statement like that when the rest of us thought nothing like you of using the term "too ghetto." To me it was briefer and to the point of saying not upscale enough. I'm tired of being politically correct and having to watch what I say so I don't offend the whining black population.
I wasn't whining....you MUST have a problem with the african american community but all I did was state the truth in my shoes. Somebody thats skinny cant possibly know what its like to be fat unless they walked in those shoes.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
How come everytime a black man states facts yall say pity party!! I only know the truth in my shoes....I don't know the truth in yo shoes!(I said "yo" cause I can) How come everytime an intelligent black man utters a word of sense "they" say its "pity" or "reverse racism"? Actually read what I said instead of taking a peice of what I said!
If it don't apply, let it fly....lol If you know your not racist than why respond back with racism I was only stating my opinion. CIII wasn't so "ghetto" 20 years ago....what makes it "ghetto" now? And do you know what the word "ghetto" means?

Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 AM

803 posts, read 2,969,222 times
Quote:

Thanks . . . for the record, "Too ghetto", as written BY ME, was meant to infer that it was too "low-class", and had nothing to do with race, color or anything other than the socio-economic viewpoint....

I agree also, that in being overly politically-correct, we not only candy-coat things and don't call them what they are, but we do a disservice to those who might not understand that their own "ghetto-style" personas they have cultivated are actually a detriment to their moving ahead in life. . . . and this pertains to people of ALL races, as "ghetto" knows no color...

Old 02-03-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by By~Tor View Post
Thanks . . . for the record, "Too ghetto", as written BY ME, was meant to infer that it was too "low-class", and had nothing to do with race, color or anything other than the socio-economic viewpoint....

I agree also, that in being overly politically-correct, we not only candy-coat things and don't call them what they are, but we do a disservice to those who might not understand that their own "ghetto-style" personas they have cultivated are actually a detriment to their moving ahead in life. . . . and this pertains to people of ALL races, as "ghetto" knows no color...
Its not about being PC its about saying what you mean. "Too Ghetto" leaves alot of room open for speculation. Alot of people use terms that they don't know the definition too or they misuse words.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 AM

803 posts, read 2,969,222 times
Quote:
Its not about being PC its about saying what you mean. "Too Ghetto" leaves alot of room open for speculation. Alot of people use terms that they don't know the definition too or they misuse words.

Which is exactly why "ghetto" was an accurate terminology....

I work here every day.... I see it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh