Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM

134 posts, read 412,913 times

Advertisements

I love that show! It's kind of funny how some of the women (never have seen a guy on it as a makeover client) get so upset over parting with some of the REALLY UGLY and very out of date clothing some of them have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 PM

25 posts, read 57,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
But shopping styles have changed. I don't know anyone that shops like that anymore. I go to one or two specific stores, get what I need and go home. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've been to a traditional mall. Years.
Some folks, like my parents, never liked that mall shopping mentality and would only go to the mall if a store had a specific item on sale they wanted. As for me, I used to like mall shopping before I discovered Amazon.com ... now there's really nothing for me at my local mall unless I order a book at the bookstore for pickup.

Most stores in malls don't interest me at all. I'm 47 so I don't want hip clothes or crappy jewelry, and why shop Sears or Penneys when I can get anything I want reasonable at Wal-Mart?

For everything else, online is cheaper (Unless Dollar Tree or Family Dollar has it)

Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 AM

67 posts, read 158,099 times
RIP...it was long overdue.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,417 times
I remember the early 80's when me and some friends would get back in town for Christmas from college. It was a tradition to go to C3 just days before the holiday so we could experience the full blown crowds and overall vibe of Christmas and finish our shopping. There were so many specialty stores like Art Explosion and Cutlery World. The mall was new and was the place to go. At the time I was closer to South Hills Villiage but we still went to C3 because it was awesome. It makes me sad to see it in such disrepair and neglect.
I am not the shopper I used to be, but I would really love to see the mall come back to it's former grandeur. Times change and it is anyones guess as to weather this grand old place will ever make it back to what it once was. I for one really hope it does. At least I can revel in my most awesome memories...A couple of thick cut pieces of pizza from IVP. YES! Those were the days!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times
It's a shame to see how fast Century III has gone downhill. It used to be the premiere mall to shop in the entire region, and now it's practically a shell of its former self. It was as recent as the late 1990s when you can go and find what you needed. It's just a matter of time before the anchor stores give up, which I'm afraid will be sooner than later.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I think malls are becoming dinosaurs here. People don't want to spend the say walking through a mall. They want to pull up as close to the store they want to visit.

That's why the Northway Mall and the North Hills Village Mall both renovated to become exterior malls instead of interior mega malls.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,035,351 times
<<"I would really love to see the mall come back to it's former grandeur. Times change and it is anyones guess as to weather this grand old place will ever make it back to what it once was">>

I'm sorry, but there is nothing grand about these malls! The Macy's downtown, yes by all means, but not these suburban nightmares.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times
The Dollar Tree finally closed up shop. The JCPenney end of the mall is looking more like a ghost town.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Century III is a dump. It is ugly. Driving there is ridiculous and the roads are retarded - 8 lanes approaching a four way stop is not unheard of.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
a damm shame
i was at c3 mall yesterday and it was so dead
i remember once upon a time if you went there the weekend b4 christmas the parking lot was full, the mall was full
yesterday i parked like 10 spots from the door and each store (the few that are left) had but a couple people in it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh