Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times

Advertisements

The Mills has two of those Oriental Massage places. One had a sign in the window for massage therapist wanted. The Mills has over 40 vacant stores, about 1/4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I'm surprised FYE is still open. They have closed in a lot of nicer malls.

im surprised at fye too
they are very expensive compared to best buy or online
cd's at fye are around 20$ and dvd are 25 to 30$
best buy cd's are usually 13 to 15$ and dvd is about 20$
nice store decent selection just to much $$$

Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
im surprised at fye too
they are very expensive compared to best buy or online
cd's at fye are around 20$ and dvd are 25 to 30$
best buy cd's are usually 13 to 15$ and dvd is about 20$
nice store decent selection just to much $$$
Barnes and Noble is expensive too. Who buys music in stores anymore?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Barnes and Noble is expensive too. Who buys music in stores anymore?
A lot of people still do if they really love the artist or a music collector.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
The Mills has two of those Oriental Massage places. One had a sign in the window for massage therapist wanted. The Mills has over 40 vacant stores, about 1/4.
Last check, the Mills has about 30 vacant stores, which is not a big improvement but at least they are gaining progress in filling some of their vacancies. Not to mention, ITT Technical Institute is coming to the mall, it should be opening sometime in the spring.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM

This thread was too long to see all of the posts, so I'm not sure if someone posted this link. USNews says C3M is an Endangered Mall.

America's Most Endangered Malls - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,319 times
Washington Crown Center is also on the list, although there sales per square footage is at $265, whereas Century III is around $200 per square foot. I think Century III and Washington could survive, although Washington needs more stores like Hollister, Charlotte Russe and Wet Seal, not to mention move JCPenney over from Washington Mall since those stores are not represented at Tanger Outlets.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmercorelli View Post
It's Gina, the Mall Manager at Century III...
NO, the mall is not closing AGAIN.
We are trying to fill some of the vacancies with local leases such as the Chinese Massage and yes, most all malls have them, some of them even fill 2 empty stores!
We have a new book store backing up the closing Borders Express (which is a national downsizing of their business, not just a Century III thing).
We are working with several other local retailers to open at the end of the first quarter too.
Feel free to e-mail me at gmercorelli@simon.com if you have any other questions or rumors that need official verification.
this is what i like to hear, and it's what i've been hoping to hear ever since about mid-dec 2009 when i discovered this website and talk about C3 Mall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmercorelli View Post
It is Gina again, Mall Manager, Century III Mall....
Century III Mall still has over 120 stores and 4 anchors. No slips are being handed out, no letters have been sent and correct, new stores will be opening in the first quarter of 2010. Local merchants will have to replace national retailers while the larger retailers regroup. Century III Mall is not going anywhere....
Sounds like very good, hopeful news to me.

Hi, Gina. I'm new here - just registered. I live in WM and I like to go to C3 Mall to spend the day and kill time. My favorite stores in the mall these days are Cash-In Culture, and Fye. I also like to get food from the French Fry Factory and sit in the food court and eat at C3.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM

19 posts, read 35,175 times
Updated news on Century III:

[LEFT]Exodus of merchants continues at Century III Mall
Thursday, January 22, 2009
By Mary Niederberger, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The struggles of trying to fill the empty spaces at Century III Mall are being made significantly worse by the exodus of 10 more businesses that have either left in recent weeks or will close within the coming weeks.
The closings, which include two large parcels --Macy's Furniture Store and Steve & Barry's -- are the result of a tough economy, corporate bankruptcies and reorganizations, and expired leases, said mall Manager Gina Mercorelli.
Steve & Barry's has already closed and the Macy's Furniture Store is expected to close by March.
Another large space will be left empty on Monday when Old Navy closes its doors. No announcement was made of the closing by the chain when just two weeks ago, employees assured shoppers that the store was not closing, even though a major clearance was taking place and shelves were emptying.

Read more here:
Exodus of merchants continues at Century III Mall
[/LEFT]

Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Here's what I find interesting.

"The closings, which include two large parcels --Macy's Furniture Store and Steve & Barry's -- are the result of a tough economy, corporate bankruptcies and reorganizations, and expired leases, said mall Manager Gina Mercorelli."

Sounds like Ms. Mercorelli is spreading fake sunshine at the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh