Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,702,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Well, every once in a while you see a greying guy with a girlfriend or wife in her 20s or 30s. So I'd guess that is the explanation.
Well I'm 38 and am a lot more confident towards women now then when I was in my early 20's. There are a lot of over confident men in the South Hills area, because that area is the "who's who" of Pittsburgh.

I work in the South Hills area, and one thing I notice, especially out here is how women dress. A large percentage dress to show themselves off, and if you do that, you're gping to get attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
There are a lot of over confident men in the South Hills area, because that area is the "who's who" of Pittsburgh.
Damn, I guess I shoulda stayed in Dormont instead of relocating to McCandless.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:22 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,223,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I work in the South Hills area, and one thing I notice, especially out here is how women dress. A large percentage dress to show themselves off, and if you do that, you're going to get attention.
WHERE?? WHERE?? I would love to see them since I live in the South Hills!

Heck, the only place I see women showing themselves off is the Strip District or South Side on Saturday nights.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 PM

137 posts, read 354,046 times
Ain't no fool like an old fool.......

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 AM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh -- yeah -- they're looking for a sugar daddy. The second they figure out you don't have lots of cash, they will hit the road.

Honestly, I'm generalizing here. My ex-brother in law is a skunk. And there are those out there. But one of the most successful marriages I ever saw was a man who was ten years younger than his wife. They were together till death did they part... and they weren't parted long. I also knew a couple where absolutely everyone was positive she was out for his money, but honestly, he worshipped her and she fussed over him and loved him back -- if that's how it started, it's certainly not how it ended... so who cares?

I do believe there is someone out there for everyone, and blowing up a great relationship just over age is wrong...
In my case they can't be looking at me for money because I only earn an average income and hardly appear prosperous. Unfortunately women around my own age seem much more materialistic and are the worst offenders in that regard. I suspect that is precisely why they show no interest in me other than if they are looking for a very "short term" relationship, if you get my drift. Not what I am looking for that's for sure.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPANUT View Post
Damn, I guess I shoulda stayed in Dormont instead of relocating to McCandless.
More specifically, Mt Lebanon, Upper St Clair, Bethel Park. My customer base ranges from former pro athletes, to TV personalities, to presidents of some of Pittsburghs biggest companies.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
WHERE?? WHERE?? I would love to see them since I live in the South Hills!

Heck, the only place I see women showing themselves off is the Strip District or South Side on Saturday nights.
You need to spend a day at the South Hills Village Mall and you'll know what I mean

Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
When I was 30 I dated the hottest 45 yr old woman who looked my age. Big deal.

There are lot's of people that look older or younger than their age. You'll see it at every class reunion. It is just a number.

Be glad some find you attractive, if you find it creepy then that is something you will have to work out.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:25 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
In my case they can't be looking at me for money because I only earn an average income and hardly appear prosperous. Unfortunately women around my own age seem much more materialistic and are the worst offenders in that regard. I suspect that is precisely why they show no interest in me other than if they are looking for a very "short term" relationship, if you get my drift. Not what I am looking for that's for sure.
Well -- you reach a certain age and you realize that you have to get serious about the future, and if you haven't earned it and invested it, you're going to have to get it someway else. Marry it?

I've been with my husband for nearly 30 years, since we were 19, two babes in the woods... and we do NOT envy the ones out there dating. It all looks far too hard now...

Old 10-05-2008, 05:31 PM

288 posts, read 1,555,127 times
Don't feel too bad. I always get hit on by the women with very few teeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh