Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 AM

3 posts, read 9,355 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

My in-laws have their 35th Wedding Anniversary approaching. Their kids would like to host an event for close family/friends in PGH.

I am looking for a place to hold maybe 30 people max. Some type of restaurant or hotel for people to stay over. Dinner could be catered if the price is right. If not, we are looking at a sit down dinner, everyone would pay for their own to keep the cost down. Somplace with a bar or which has liquor available, would be good.

Environment could be dress up or casual.

We are looking for this to occur on Saturday, June 30th 2007.

Any Suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited by lewis712; 02-12-2007 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 AM

632 posts, read 1,740,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis712 View Post
I am looking for a place to hold maybe 30 people max. Some type of restaurant or hotel for people to stay over. Dinner could be catered if the price is right. If not, we are looking at a sit down dinner, everyone would pay for their own to keep the cost down. Somplace with a bar or which has liquor available, would be good.
I had an event at the Pittsburgh Athletic Association 2 years ago, for about 40 people. This place is in Oakland, and despite the weird name, is a gorgeous, fancy club in a historic stone building with a great view of the Cathedral of Learning in Oakland. The price was reasonable, they took care of the entire set-up and tear-down, they supplied a full bar and bartender, and also catered. They will cater any kind of food you want, from hors d'ouvres to desserts to a full sit-down dinner. Also, they provide parking for your guests. They rent rooms there, but are also right across the street from another hotel. You don't have to be a member to host an event there.

Here's a link to their website with more info: http://www.paaclub.org/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

Last edited by Yac; 02-13-2007 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 AM

Hey, thanks for the response. Do you happen to remember what the cost was for your event?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 AM

632 posts, read 1,740,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis712 View Post
Hey, thanks for the response. Do you happen to remember what the cost was for your event?

Thanks,
Andy
I believe it was around $2000 to $2500. That included the use of a room for 3 hours, tables and linens, a full open bar and coffee service, a bartender & servers, a small buffet, passed hors d'ouvres, and cake service. Of course, this price depends on how much alcohol your guests drink - mine didn't drink that much. I think that if we had decided to have a sit-down dinner it might have actually dropped our price a little. Keep in mind that I am recalling prices from two years ago, and my memory might be faulty and things have undoubtably changed a little.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Any other Suggestions

Does anyone else have any other suggestions/ideas of places in PGH?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 02-13-2007, 09:48 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
This is a fun place and I believe from their webpage they have private rooms.

http://www.churchbrew.com/index.html (broken link)

Old 02-13-2007, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,075 times
Default on the river, perhaps

Check this out. http://www.riverquest.org/vessels-charters.htm. There is a great new boat due to arrive this spring, and charters support environmental education programs for area students. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: