Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,704 times

Advertisements

i found a house online to rent in south park. my husband interviewed in south park last week, and he said that it looks very remote. not that this is a bad thing, but he only saw a little section of the area. what is south park like? would we travel to bethel park to grocery shop, eat out, etc. ?? how far of a drive is south park to downtown?
anything you can tell me about south park would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2 View Post
i found a house online to rent in south park. my husband interviewed in south park last week, and he said that it looks very remote. not that this is a bad thing, but he only saw a little section of the area. what is south park like? would we travel to bethel park to grocery shop, eat out, etc. ?? how far of a drive is south park to downtown?
anything you can tell me about south park would be greatly appreciated!!!
South Park is a rural/suburban area. There are housing plans and farms too. Some housing plans are more modern; other housing plans are old small towns with houses over 100 year old houses. It just depends on where you buy your house.

There are plenty of places to grocery shop within a reasonable distance. There's a strip mall just outside of the entrance to the park on the Bethel Park side. You'll find there are plenty of places to shop within a 10 minute ride. There are two huge mall areas not far away, the Century III mall area in West Mifflin and the other mall area in Upper St. Clair. It's not a big deal to go grocery shopping----you'll have plenty of grocery store options.

A drive downtown without rush hour traffic will be approximately 20-25 minutes. Rush hour traffic could make it a 50 minute drive. Of course, these times could be shorter or longer depending on what route you take. There are quite a few ways to get into downtown from South Park.

When you say "will we have to go to Bethel Park to eat out" I have to say that's not a big deal. Bethel Park is right next door and so is West Mufflin which also has lots of stores and restaurants. You can be at any of these places in less than 10 minutes from South Park.

You're not moving into the middle of nowhere. You're going to be right in between some major business districts. South Park is like having the country feel with all the benefits of living close to other things. Of course, you definitely need a car to live anywhere in the South Hills.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,704 times
thanks hopes. how about the schools in south park, do they have a good reputation?

Old 02-12-2007, 06:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2 View Post
thanks hopes. how about the schools in south park, do they have a good reputation?
South Park School District ranks 18th out of the 64 public high schools in Allegheny County.

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeR...0_start_1.html

It's a safe school district and it doesn't have a bad repuation.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:34 PM

31 posts, read 128,229 times
Very good schools. Both south park and bethel park are great areas for schools. Very suburban too if that is your thing... I have many friends from both these areas and they love it. South park to downtown is about a 25-50 min drive depending on the traffic and which route you take. There are a lot of nice apartments and houses in these areas though.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
south park is not remote.

But I feel there are better schools. Upper st Clair if you want to be closer in Mt Lebo has excellent schools. A little further down rt 19 and you can't beat Peter's school district. But no too many rentals in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh