Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM

8 posts, read 25,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Since 9/11, it's impossible to get into the US Steel Tower unless you have business there. You first have to take the escalator to the mezzanine to security, they confirm that you are expected, they take your picture, you have to show ID, then you are issued a photo pass that you have to wear while you're in the building. It's pretty much the same with the other skyscrapers downtown over 20 stories tall.
Do you work there? is there a way I can contact the manager (email)? talk to him about a tour or somthing of the elevators including the frieght elevator. well you proberly cant say anything about it proberly so Im not aking for that I want a way to contact them by email. I only found a number no email or officail cite.I found wikipeadia no help there? and I found emporius. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 08:08 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,774,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnedz View Post
Do you work there? is there a way I can contact the manager (email)? talk to him about a tour or somthing of the elevators including the frieght elevator. well you proberly cant say anything about it proberly so Im not aking for that I want a way to contact them by email. I only found a number no email or officail cite.I found wikipeadia no help there? and I found emporius. thanks
Proberly?

I can only think of three letters when reading this thread...WTF!?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
^ You missed the other 7 misspellings. And that isn't a thread, it's a post. Be careful or someone will point out your shortcomings.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM

10 posts, read 25,565 times
Good luck. Security with the top floors and freight elevators was tight there before 9/11. And now to even close to the elevators without having some type of business there is really hard. Also, you can't go the whole way to the top from the regular elevators anyway.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM

137 posts, read 353,968 times
I just happen to have an elevator pass from 1972 for Schenley High School that I may be persuaded to sell for the right offer...PM me when they let you out......

Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
I don't think the top floors are open to the public at all any more. I used to stop in for a drink every now and then or to have dinner at the Top of the Triangle. My Age is showing!

Some groups I belonged to even had dinners there in the banquet rooms. The view from up there was mighty fine. The top of the building is higher than Mt Washington and you can see out over that side quite easily.

I was always a View fanatic but not so much an elevator fan. Yikes!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM

439 posts, read 1,473,931 times
My wife works there on the 58th floor. The view is amazing.

The top floors not contain the offices of the CEO's of UPMC, you can't get up there any longer.

I think the highest floor you can access is 60 or 62.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM

149 posts, read 608,261 times
Oh, slamont61, now that you mention it... I remember the Top of the Triangle. Never got to go there though. My age is showing too! How long ago did it close (or dare I even ask)?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM

8 posts, read 25,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
My wife works there on the 58th floor. The view is amazing.

The top floors not contain the offices of the CEO's of UPMC, you can't get up there any longer.

I think the highest floor you can access is 60 or 62.
well how would I go to the 62 floor? whats on that floor that I could go to?

there was a dinner up the and was closed in 2001 I herad, it was because of 9/11

Old 01-10-2009, 11:59 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
DH and I would celebrate Orthodox New Years Eve there, even thought we are not Orthodox.

Friends (actually, their church) rented the Top of the Triangle annually for the event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh