Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:24 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times

Advertisements

OK, here is where Im getting my info. I fist look for homes in specific areas on Pittsburghmoves.com. Then on the listing you click mon school info and it shows the schools.
Check it out...The home site.. Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services Pittsburgh

Then after you click on school info....
.: OnBoard Neighborhood Navigator :. CHAVELLE COURT&City=Plum Boro&State=PA&Zip=15239

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPANUT View Post
Plum school district serves only Plum boro, don't know where you're getting your info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:53 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
School District Tax Millages 2008 *

[SIZE=2]Plum[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Plum Borough[/SIZE][SIZE=2]22.2000[/SIZE]

About.com: http://www.county.allegheny.pa.us/treasure/millsd.asp

Realtors will tell you anything.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM

Thanks for that link Copanut! So basically your saying the Hanna site that showed the schools in Plum were bullsh*t? Looks that way from the Tax Millage chart.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post

I have a hard time buying in a area(Plum) that doesnt have good schools(Penn Hills).
Plum and Penn Hills are next to each other geographically, but they do not serve the same school districts! Plum is an excellent school district. Penn Hills ...not so much.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
We just moved to Mt. Lebanon. I love this neighborhood so dang much! Tons of kids around, great schools and about 20 mins from the city. Other areas around here that are nice,,,Castle Shannon and Bethel Park...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Danielle thanks for the encouraging news. Im looking into the Pitts. area as we speak. And Mt. Lebanon is high on the list. I think it will be a perfect. The only thing that might be a problem is finding a big enough yard.
If you dont mind me asking, where did you move from?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
We just moved to Mt. Lebanon. I love this neighborhood so dang much! Tons of kids around, great schools and about 20 mins from the city. Other areas around here that are nice,,,Castle Shannon and Bethel Park...

Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Danielle thanks for the encouraging news. Im looking into the Pitts. area as we speak. And Mt. Lebanon is high on the list. I think it will be a perfect. The only thing that might be a problem is finding a big enough yard.
If you dont mind me asking, where did you move from?
Thanks.

We moved from a suburb of Detroit...We are originally from Cincinnati...

What exactly are you looking for? Buying or renting?

If you have kids, this community if fantastic...the schools are GREAT and there are just tons and tons of young families...lots and lots of kiddos.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:34 PM

I will be buying. Im bascially looking for what everyone in the right mind wants...safety, good schools, close to the city, etc. One thing I really wanted is a nice yard. But it looks like I wont get a 1/3 of a acre in Mt. Lebo. They are out there but def. not the norm. But if its as great as you say it is I may be able to let it slide. Were you able to find something with a yard?
I will take any advice you are willing to give since you actually live there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
We moved from a suburb of Detroit...We are originally from Cincinnati...

What exactly are you looking for? Buying or renting?

If you have kids, this community if fantastic...the schools are GREAT and there are just tons and tons of young families...lots and lots of kiddos.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I will be buying. Im bascially looking for what everyone in the right mind wants...safety, good schools, close to the city, etc. One thing I really wanted is a nice yard. But it looks like I wont get a 1/3 of a acre in Mt. Lebo. They are out there but def. not the norm. But if its as great as you say it is I may be able to let it slide. Were you able to find something with a yard?
I will take any advice you are willing to give since you actually live there!
Well, we are only here temporarily (hubby doing a fellowship at UPMC) so we are renting a duplex (3 BR). We have nicely sized yard. The people on this street all seem to have decent sized yards. They are not GIGANTIC but decent. I have found no matter what the size of the yard, they are all really well cared for and look fantastic and very charming. You need to come check it out. It has everything your looking for. Once you come and see it, you will love it.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 45,609 times
oakmont is a great neighborhood and not all that expensive it is a very charming neighborhood great shopping no crime one of the best restaraunts around in hoffstots and it is convenient to get anywhere from oakmont either by rt 28 which isnt as bad as some claim and its also right off of 76 which is the turnpike which will take you up north. to get into pittsburgh its a twenty minute drive down 28 its ten minutes to the zoo its 15 minutes to the east end its a straight shot to lawrenceville and the strip so yeah imho oakmont is the best burb in the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh