Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

These places were sure fun back in the day. All of them are closed up due to a few reason. The Internet is the biggest reason, followed by MADD getting so powerful that you can't even smell a drink or you will be thrown in jail if driving home. Police in many areas have competitions for arresting people drinking and driving no matter how much they drank. They sure were fun times, but now people just surf the web for fun at home. Parties are pretty much no more due to liability. Remember New Years Eve house parties that were huge? Everyone is afraid to have one now. Thank you fear mongering and a-hole attorneys, like Edgar Snyder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 10:28 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Kangaroos wasn't there in the 80's.

There was a Hu Ke Lau restaurant across from Red Lobster on McKnight that closed and became a club. At least 3 different name changes while it was there.

Kangaroo's was a good little place for a while. Owned by a couple of IUP grads. They made a ton of money according to my sources but blew it. It changed hands a couple times, now there is nothing there but office space. Years ago it was called Bradley's Peach.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:30 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
There was a place across the street from Kangaroo's that is now an Adult book store. It was called Uncle Charlie's I believe. Had free peel and eat shrimp and a free pitcher of beer or sangria as long as you were eating. Lost a few brain cells there.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:08 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Kangaroo's was a good little place for a while. Owned by a couple of IUP grads. They made a ton of money according to my sources but blew it. It changed hands a couple times, now there is nothing there but office space. Years ago it was called Bradley's Peach.
Interesting. I thought the comedian Frank Nicotero owned it.

The 2 bars dealio was neat. One with live music and one without.

I remember that restaurant across the street. Was there a long time.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,010 times
The Frontier was the name of the disco that was in the
South Hills on Route 19, Believe the Outback Restaurant
is in the place of the Frontier

Old 03-30-2016, 06:52 AM

2 posts, read 11,810 times
Was there a bar called Legend's off of the Bridgeville exit in the 80's? Please help!!

Old 03-30-2016, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,810 times
Default Legends?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNightRat View Post
On to the the memory lanes, guys. For those of you who used to enjoy going out back in the days when Michael Jackson's the king of discos, I'm sure you guys and gals can still remember the names of your fav night clubs back then. Girls with big hair and guys with mullet.

Let's compile them here with their names and addresses and what you remember most about it.

Name: Confetti's
Address: Parkway Center Mall
Memorables: $1 mixed drink specials, confetti's falling from the ceiling about every half hour or so.

Name: ??? (help me out here)
Address: McKnight Road next to where Kuhn's is now
Memorables: L-shaped floor space, 2 separate dancing floors, hottest place in North Hills.

Hi. Have you heard of the bar Legend's off the Bridgeville exit?

Old 04-22-2016, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,802 times
Didn't prince play at 2001. I remember seeing him there. Also the holiday house in monroeville had a club in it.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,554 times
Default nightclub in glenshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNightRat View Post
On to the the memory lanes, guys. For those of you who used to enjoy going out back in the days when Michael Jackson's the king of discos, I'm sure you guys and gals can still remember the names of your fav night clubs back then. Girls with big hair and guys with mullet.

Let's compile them here with their names and addresses and what you remember most about it.

Name: Confetti's
Address: Parkway Center Mall
Memorables: $1 mixed drink specials, confetti's falling from the ceiling about every half hour or so.

Name: ??? (help me out here)
Address: McKnight Road next to where Kuhn's is now
Memorables: L-shaped floor space, 2 separate dancing floors, hottest place in North Hills.
Does anyone remember the name of the nightclub on Saxonburg Boulevard in Glenshaw in the 1980's is now?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 5,167 times
Does anyone remember a bar out by the old Airport..... I thought it was called "Airways" and was actually in Moon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh