Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:19 PM

102 posts, read 295,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Ehh I don't think I accused anyone of not caring. I was comparing the difference between the Super Bowl parade vs the honoring of fallen police officers.
One is a celebration, the other is a funeral. It's simple common sense as to which will have a bigger attendance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,699,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
One is a celebration, the other is a funeral. It's simple common sense as to which will have a bigger attendance.
You are showing you don't have a clue; the officers lying in state and the procession to the event center were not a funeral. Each officer had their own seperate funeral at...........take a guesss...................funeral homes.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM

102 posts, read 295,586 times
Quote:
You are showing you don't have a clue; the officers lying in state and the procession to the event center were not a funeral. Each officer had their own seperate funeral at...........take a guesss...................funeral homes.
So?

It's easier to attend a celebration than to attend a funeral..or a memorial service...or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Personally, I think the love affair with the Stillers is pathetic. Half the people in this city have little to no perspective. Or their lives are so dreary that they need a football team to feel good about themselves and their city. But I still wouldn't expect them to break free from their day to pay respects to 3 people that had nothing to do with them.

I was across the street from the "pete" and didn't see one second of it. Why? I have better things to do with my time. Like living it.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 PM

33 posts, read 202,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate88 View Post
I was on Pitt campus late this morning and overheard two students complaining that their classes hadn't been canceled. I understand they may not be from Pittsburgh, but what a self-centered attitude. Three of the police officers who served this city are gone, and they can't think of anything except getting out of class.
Did you every stop to think that maybe the reason they were complaining was that they WANTED to attend the memorial for the slain officers without having to worry about getting negative marks for missing class? I'm not sure about how some colleges work, but the one I went to tied in your attendance with your test grades for the final grade at the end of the year. Next time, try to think about both sides of the coin before flipping, ok?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
So?

It's easier to attend a celebration than to attend a funeral..or a memorial service...or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Personally, I think the love affair with the Stillers is pathetic. Half the people in this city have little to no perspective. Or their lives are so dreary that they need a football team to feel good about themselves and their city. But I still wouldn't expect them to break free from their day to pay respects to 3 people that had nothing to do with them.

I was across the street from the "pete" and didn't see one second of it. Why? I have better things to do with my time. Like living it.
You are my hero!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 AM

70 posts, read 511,772 times
Quote:
You are my hero!
If you go back and look at tibor's previous posts, most indicate that s/he hates Pittsburgh, thinks anyone that lives here is an idiot, a moron, and/or pathetic. That's fine; everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, it baffles me that instead of letting people live the life that make them happy, s/he acts like a school yard bully who wasn't invited to play... and if s/he can't have fun, then no one can.

I notice a lot of people come in here and act very antagonistic. Why? It's fine to hate Pittsburgh, but why belittle those who actually enjoy, appreciate, and like their city.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post
If you go back and look at tibor's previous posts, most indicate that s/he hates Pittsburgh, thinks anyone that lives here is an idiot, a moron, and/or pathetic. That's fine; everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, it baffles me that instead of letting people live the life that make them happy, s/he acts like a school yard bully who wasn't invited to play... and if s/he can't have fun, then no one can.

I notice a lot of people come in here and act very antagonistic. Why? It's fine to hate Pittsburgh, but why belittle those who actually enjoy, appreciate, and like their city.
Because unlike myself, most people hide behind some silly screen name, and it's easy and fun to lash out and act like a moron.

I love people like him/her. People who just move through life without a thought or care.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,147,759 times
I knew a lot of people who were sad about it but didn't want to go because they would rather spend their Thursday afternoon without sheding tears. Besides, there were people along the procession routes and it was probably impossible for regular people to get in considering over 15,000 police showed up that day. The best way of showing you care is donating anyway.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Because unlike myself, most people hide behind some silly screen name, and it's easy and fun to lash out and act like a moron.
Well, Scott -- I wish life were kind enough to let me tell you my name. But crazy people abound everywhere, and all you need is be near and dear to someone who's been stalked via the internet to make you feel it's INSANE to tell people your name.

The monikers we take may let some of us lash out and act like a moron, but also protect us from people who do that.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well, Scott -- I wish life were kind enough to let me tell you my name. But crazy people abound everywhere, and all you need is be near and dear to someone who's been stalked via the internet to make you feel it's INSANE to tell people your name.

The monikers we take may let some of us lash out and act like a moron, but also protect us from people who do that.
I was like 19 when I first used internet forums. I posted on ESPN.com's football forum, and ticked off some Cleveland fan that wanted to find me to beat me up. ESPN.com attracts people with very, and I mean VERY low IQs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: