Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times

Advertisements

They have horse and carriage rides over at the Waterfront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I can't find anything for horse and carriage rides for the Waterfront, but I have found something for Station Square.

Horse N Carriage

$20 for 10-12 minutes, $50 for 20-25 minutes, or $135 buys a 1 hour ride through downtown.

The first two are available on Saturday and Sundays, weather permitting.

The 1 hour tour of downtown is available year round by reservation only.

For a price, you can reserve a carriage ride almost anywhere for any occassion.

Here's the website for the company that runs the carriage rides:

Caustelot Farms : Pennsyvania

Maybe the same company sometimes offers rides at the Waterfront but it's not on their website.

So, you could have a romantic dinner on Mt. Washington, take the incline down to Station Square and take a horse and carriage ride.

If money is no option, you could plan a special carriage ride somewhere beautiful.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can't find anything for horse and carriage rides for the Waterfront, but I have found something for Station Square.

Horse N Carriage

$20 for 10-12 minutes, $50 for 20-25 minutes, or $135 buys a 1 hour ride through downtown.

The first two are available on Saturday and Sundays, weather permitting.

The 1 hour tour of downtown is available year round by reservation only.

For a price, you can reserve a carriage ride almost anywhere for any occassion.

Here's the website for the company that runs the carriage rides:

Caustelot Farms : Pennsyvania

Maybe the same company sometimes offers rides at the Waterfront but it's not on their website.

So, you could have a romantic dinner on Mt. Washington, take the incline down to Station Square and take a horse and carriage ride.

If money is no option, you could plan a special carriage ride somewhere beautiful.

Wow this is great! I like the ride through downtown idea

Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,166 times
I hope I'm not too late to jump in here, but we love the Hydeholde. It's our favorite restaurant by far. It's so romantic! The chefs will take special requests too. My hubby once had them do a complete Southern style meal for me on our anniversary. The pastry chef even made cornbread! If you go, request the garden room. It's beautiful in there.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:36 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times
To my knowledge, The Waterfront doesn't have carriage rides, now or ever.

The Hyeholde is a great place. A lot of people propose to their significant others all the time there. Pretty romantic place, and quite unique indeed.

Check out http://www.hyeholde.com

Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM

102 posts, read 295,723 times
I second the Hyeholde recommendation. I'm moving out of here in a few months and it's a definite "must go to again" on my short list.

Baum Vivant closed and a new restaurant is it's place called Toast. It was very good.

Personally I find dinner riverboats a waste of time, unless you are in Chicago or NY. The nighttime scenery in Pittsburgh isn't that great...and food on a riverboat cruise usually sucks.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Thanks folks for the recommendations!
I believe we're going to either go to Isabellas on Grandview or Monterey Bay Fish Grotto. I definitely want the view from Mt Washington, and we'll go around 7:30pm to catch the sunset. We will take a limo ride to and from.

I would like to possibly do something after dinner though, say maybe listen to live jazz, or maybe live piano, latin music, etc.

An ideas on that?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times
Latin Music="Seviche" on Penn Ave downtown.
http://www.seviche.com/

Piano music, hmmm.
You can try some of the hotel lounges downtown, not sure though.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
To my knowledge, The Waterfront doesn't have carriage rides, now or ever.
I have seen them dozens of times down there - perhaps I was dreaming?

Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
I have seen them dozens of times down there - perhaps I was dreaming?
Maybe the company was trying to expand to the Waterfront area, but discontinued because it wasn't as lucrative as Station Square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh