U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,842 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the long post....
We moved here from Arizona 3 months ago, on the way here 2,000 miles our transmission went out in our truck we scrapped it and we bought a vehicle with our savings for 3,500.00, 4th day after we had it we had to replace the rack n pinion 1,400.00, a month later (4) days ago the motor blew a rod or a piston or something. to fix it will cost us over 1500 dollars and at this point we don’t know if it is worth fixing due to it is a lemon we got screwed from a private owner, All I can say is Karma.... The vehicle had low miles and was under the blue book so I thought it was a good deal. We are broke after paying monthly bills, and 3 days later it goes out without any indication it was going out. Now we can’t go to work. Just finished paying months bills and just spent our savings moving here, rent, first and last months deposit, deposits on utilities and cable deposits, cell phones etc. and now we have 300.00 left. The kind of work we do, I do marketing & advertising and my husband has a painting company we do both and cannot catch a bus to go to work. We are looking to trade work for a cheap car or truck. Or pay 300.00 down and go from there . We are reputable people and are not asking for hand outs...We do awesome work. We actually can do anything just tell us what you need done. Moving, Painting. We don’t know anyone here except my brother (that’s why we moved here with him and his kids) so our kids would be able to have my husbands family around our kids, and his brother doesn’t have the financial help we need or the time to take us to work until we get on our feet, he is a mental health counselor for the state and works 60 plus hrs a week. He has his own bills and children to take care of. We will do Painting interior or exterior (we do great work) No need to buy tape as master painters don’t need it. (waste of money) We do everything free hand and do it well. We have references also. Can do ceiling fan installs, light fixtures, sheetrock work, anything right now to get on our feet and get a Vehicle so we can go back to doing what we do best. We even can trade toys (sigh).... Meaning we moved here to get established with jobs and residency and we have 3 kids but we left our kids in Arizona with family until the school year was out and once we were established we were going to get them in the summer. Well when we first got our house we bought their bedroom outfits and over 1,000.00 worth of toys so that when our kids got here in the summer they would be surprised to find lots and lots of wrapped up presents as a welcome home gifts to them.... If we can’t get on our feet then there wont be a welcome home in the summer......My husband hates the idea of selling the toys but what else can we do.... All the toys are unopened in the packaging.
We have jobs right now and they are giving us 15 days to get our stuff together but the people are getting impatient waiting for us to do the work and until we find a vehicle we are out. Then our bills are all do again on the 20th. We have been to 5 car lots but none will take 300.00 down most want a thousand down and we dont have it Plus they want 6 months on a job... If the car is ugly old and would only run for a few weeks thats better than anything until we get back to work and get money for another one, The most important thing at the present time is getting a vehicle to go back to work.
Willing to EVEN GIVE you 300.00 plus do work for you for a vehicle or whatever you need possible to see we are good people. Or as the topic said are there organizations here in Pittsburgh that will help us obtain a vehicle? We went to the dhs and they did nothing we dont qualify because we have bank accounts and when we go back to our jobs we make too much money . We are not flakes or bad people just pure bad luck on our part for coming to Pittsburgh........ Mod cut - please do not post e-mail addresses

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-24-2011 at 11:13 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM

3,133 posts, read 8,797,717 times
Park Triangle Auto Sales in Wilkinsburg. He used to finance people with bad credit. No bank, on his own. I speak in the past because I haven't been around there for many years. Also, I didn't read everything you wrote. Something that long should have paragraphs. Welcome to Pittsburgh.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 100,992,038 times
I wish I could help. I have an old third vehicle, but it wouldn't help you because it needs work and isn't inspected.

A coworker says Southside Motors on Carson Street does rent to own. She says that you payment will be about $300 a month for two years. I don't know if they require a down payment for the rent to own program. It's worth a shot to call them.

St. Vincent DePaul societies will sometimes help people with this sort of thing. Call different ones because their funding varies.

One of the Catholic nun convents helps with this sort of thing too. Not Sisters of Saint Francis, a different one. If you call St. Raphael Church in Morningside, ask for the name of the nun who is the social worker in that area. She belongs to the 'order' I'm trying to remember. I can make some calls on Monday if you're unable to locate her.

Last edited by Hopes; 05-01-2009 at 08:51 PM..

Old 05-02-2009, 05:59 PM

51 posts, read 140,601 times
try Family Services of Western Pennsylvania Ways to Work Loan Program http://www.fswp.org/08_ways_to_work.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh