Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 PM

92 posts, read 92,492 times

Advertisements

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,774 times
Tallysmom is correct. Economy/ Economy Borough is pure residential. It borders Conway, New Sewickley, and Cranberry. Parts of Economy have a freedom address. The zip is 15042. The only bad thing I can say about it, is that parts of Economy attend Ambridge schools.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:50 PM

28 posts, read 66,070 times
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the rural areas surrounding Pittsburgh and if any of the areas have horse farms? I just graduated from college and would like to start moving west. I think PA is gorgeous, but I need to have horse farms near by to work on. Please let me know!! Thanks.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 AM

8 posts, read 23,428 times
Default Beaver County

I lived in Midland, Pennsylvania until I was 15yr. of age. I then moved to Hookstown, PA.........both in Beaver County. I know alot about Beaver County from when I lived there from 1960 until 1997....... I went to the communtity college of Beaver County in Center Township and I was a nurse at Aliquippa Hospital. I can probably tell you a good deal about certain towns....ethnicity, prejudices, etc........you can email me at oheavensspirit@yahoo.com. God bless you.

P.S. I could probably tell you about the school systems, also. Basically Pennsylvania as a whole is excellent in the area of Education. Most of the schools are very good. Your smaller towns have less choice in the curriculum, but they are still good schools. Email me with any questions if you like.

Last edited by Heavens Spirit; 10-13-2007 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: school system notes

Old 06-12-2009, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 18,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoreau View Post
Summergal

it seems that you know a lot about beaver county. I found a townhome in Aliquippa ( beaver county )in PA and a house in Center town (Beaver County). I am trying to decide exactly where to settle. I now know not to go anywhere near Beaver Falls, but I don't know anything about Center town and Aliquippa. I would greatly appreciate if you could send me any info about Aliquippa or Center Town.

thanks
Actually, I've lived in BF all my life and i have never had any problem with any crime. Yea, it's not as safe as some areas around it, but it's MUCH better than Aliquippa. If you are looking in BF, try College Hill. It's a neighborhood just north and up the hill from downtown BF and it is safer and has better housing oppurtunities.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri1050 View Post
Beaver Area School District in Beaver are considered to be, and are consistantly ranked the highest in Beaver County
Actually, Beaver County Christian School is ranked as the Highest in Beaver County.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie31994 View Post
Actually, Beaver County Christian School is ranked as the Highest in Beaver County.
Maybe she meant public schools.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 AM

103 posts, read 224,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie31994 View Post
Actually, I've lived in BF all my life and i have never had any problem with any crime. Yea, it's not as safe as some areas around it, but it's MUCH better than Aliquippa. If you are looking in BF, try College Hill. It's a neighborhood just north and up the hill from downtown BF and it is safer and has better housing oppurtunities.
This....

I went to Geneva College (just graduated this past January). Up on the hill by the college in Beaver Falls is very safe. I use to be on campus until all hours of the night and walk home adn never had any problems. it is very quiet up there and everyone is very respectful. I am not sure how the schools are in that area though...so I can't help there....sorry.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe she meant public schools.
yea maybe. in that case beaver high school is the best in beaver county

Old 06-19-2009, 02:59 PM

807 posts, read 617,112 times
Default In defense of the Hazel Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
Don't know much about Ellwood today
Nothing town? How about birthplace of Donnie Iris!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh