Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:31 AM

55 posts, read 66,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangileah View Post
Hello all I'm amazed at how many of you are not bothered by Pittsburgh climate. I have lived in the Penn Hills area of Pgh for 40 years. The rainy summer season seems to get progressively worse. Actual summer days here are very short lived w/o rain perhaps from mid July-Aug, after which fall weather creeps in rather quickly. If it is not actually raining in "spring" and early summer it is quite overcast and cloudy. If my feet are not wet and cold from snow, they sure are damp from all of the rain. Pgh weather can be pretty depressing if you enjoy sunshine and outdoor activities. Ours seem to be looking out our windows hoping for some sun, so we can actually take walks outside, equipped with umbrella's in hand of course !
Strange post, considering Pittsburgh has beautiful and sunny weather with lush green foilage from Spring to Fall.

Rain? Yes, just like all the other cities in a 500 mile radius, which is required for life, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 06:59 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenerationPGH View Post
Strange post, considering Pittsburgh has beautiful and sunny weather with lush green foilage from Spring to Fall.
Lush green foliage--indeed! Beautiful weather? I happen to like grey skies and rain, so yes, IMO it's beautiful. Sunny? Well, there are plenty of periods of it on and off but let's be honest--rain is predicted everyday this week.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:56 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,522,794 times
Pittsburgh weather is not bad. Its not great either. This has been discussed ad nauseum

Old 06-18-2011, 10:38 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Pittsburgh weather is not bad. Its not great either. This has been discussed ad nauseum
Yes, it seems to be a huge deal for some reason. Pittsburgh has 4 pretty mild seasons.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:46 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,562 times
Quote:
...but let's be honest--rain is predicted everyday this week.
If we're being honest, what the forcast says is that's there's an equal or greater chance that it won't rain in any given 12 hour period.

Quote:
PAZ021-182015-
ALLEGHENY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA
129 PM EDT SAT JUN 18 2011

.THIS AFTERNOON...PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 80. WEST WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. WEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH...
BECOMING NORTHEAST AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY
CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. HUMID WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 80S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S. LOWS IN THE MID 60S.
CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.
Is the glass half full, or half empty?

This past week's forecast included similar words, but I never got muddy at work, none of my kid's ballgames were rained out, and the hose is running in my pool right now because the water level was getting too low to get into the filter inlet.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:47 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
If we're being honest, what the forcast says is that's there's an equal or greater chance that it won't rain in any given 12 hour period.

This past week's forecast included similar words, but I never got muddy at work, none of my kid's ballgames were rained out, and the hose is running in my pool right now because the water level was getting too low to get into the filter inlet.
A ridge of high pressure is setting up over the South. All storm systems will move around the edge of this ridge. Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York can all expect similar weather to Pittsburgh for the next several days.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:51 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
A ridge of high pressure is setting up over the South. All storm systems will move around the edge of this ridge. Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York can all expect similar weather to Pittsburgh for the next several days.
I love how people like to think that it's only Pittsburgh where certain things happen.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:42 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I love how people like to think that it's only Pittsburgh where certain things happen.
Yeah, Pittsburgh invented cloudy weather, racism, potholes and sports obsession.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post

I agree--I've got no gripes against any day that has a 40% chance of rain. But let's be realistic, it's quite an exaggeration to claim Pittsburgh has "sunny weather from Spring to Fall." I mean, c'mon-- it's not Arizona (and thank God!).

Pittsburgh is great the way that it is, there's no need to try to make it sound like something it isn't.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
This has been discussed ad nauseum
LOL, well at least it's more interesting than some of the things discussed ad nauseum on other forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh