Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 02:24 PM

268 posts, read 374,244 times

Advertisements

All I have to say is today was a waste. Perfect temperature-wise, no rain, calm winds... however, it is cloudy with hardly a hint of sunlight. Why can't it be cloudy ONLY when it rains? Why waste an entire day? Depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike02 View Post
All I have to say is today was a waste. Perfect temperature-wise, no rain, calm winds... however, it is cloudy with hardly a hint of sunlight. Why can't it be cloudy ONLY when it rains? Why waste an entire day? Depressing.
I will be honest, if you were depressed about the weather today, it isn't about weather, it is about your perception of weather. I enjoyed gardening today and loved the overcast. No sunscreen, no sun beating down on my ripped body and no sunglasses needed. It was about perfect today.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Yeah, Pittsburgh invented cloudy weather, racism, potholes and sports obsession.
Maybe so. Well, probably not the weather. However, this IS the Pittsburgh forum and these are issues in Pittsburgh! That is why they are being discussed on the Pittsburgh forum.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:24 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe so. Well, probably not the weather. However, this IS the Pittsburgh forum and these are issues in Pittsburgh! That is why they are being discussed on the Pittsburgh forum.
You just don't understand. If you live in Pittsburgh and your life sucks, then it's the city's fault, no questions asked.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
You just don't understand. If you live in Pittsburgh and your life sucks, then it's the city's fault, no questions asked.
Agreed. These are the same people that would complain no matter where they live. Just the way it is. I mean the day mike02 was complaining, I was thinking how nice it was while working in the garden. Some people are happiest in their own misery.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,774,703 times
Am I the only one that thinks mike02 was being sarcastic? Or maybe I'm underestimating the power of Pittsburgher negativity...

Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Am I the only one that thinks mike02 was being sarcastic? Or maybe I'm underestimating the power of Pittsburgher negativity...
Hmm, that is possible, but I have heard stuff like that from the locals so often, it is hard to tell. I reread it and still don't know either way. Lets hope he was kidding, but there are tons around here that would say what he said.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Well, I'm sure mike02 could remove any doubts, but a quick look at his past posts on the subject of Pittsburgh weather leads me to believe he wasn't joking:

Quote:
Wow, really? I thought I was going to die when it was 100% cloudy every day last week. Since last Saturday, we've had FAIR weather. Nothing depressing, but nothing amazing either. Just satisfactory. We literally haven't had a week (7 consecutive days) of mostly sunny skies since NOVEMBER! Even though the temps look hot for Memorial Day weekend, it appears the gloomy streak is fading. Those upcoming sunny days are slowly making up for the lost spring we've had. So, it's breaking even. I don't care about temps. I mean it's gloomy again right now! I'll take any temperature as long as it's sunny. It's payback time from whatever pattern that has given us this century's ****tiest spring.
( //www.city-data.com/forum/19336611-post231.html )

Quote:
I'm sorry, 80% cloudy most of the days between May 16 - 20. I didn't mean last week where it was a mix of sun and clouds; I meant the week before. Okay, fine we had at best a couple hours or less of sun on "some of those days." Anyways, it is looking pretty nice this week. You won't hear me complain about heat or humidity, though
( //www.city-data.com/forum/19360006-post235.html )

And that's not meant to be critical of his expressed preference for sunshine. (No matter how misguided it may be... )

Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM

I love how the discussion turned towards my preferences LOL. Anyways, for me personally, nothing is more refreshing than cutting grass under the blazing sun and then jumping in a pool or sitting in the AC afterwards. I never said I hated cloudy days, but I do in the summer, especially if it's not raining. I only prefer cloud-cover when it means rainfall. Not a whole entire day. I do think cloudy days go perfect during the Fall, so I usually don't complain about it. AND everyone complains about something they hate about weather, no matter where they live. There are people on here that despise the humidity, yet it doesn't bother me. Actually, that 55% sunshine for June is looking pretty damn good right now as I look outside my window. I mean for crying out loud rain already and move on!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Agreed. These are the same people that would complain no matter where they live. Just the way it is. I mean the day mike02 was complaining, I was thinking how nice it was while working in the garden. Some people are happiest in their own misery.
I love the city of Pittsburgh and what it has to offer. But for me personally, and I think others can agree, this year was foul for weather. I mean this isn't even variety. Hopefully we'll break this pattern and they'll be some changes. What is irritating is noticing other cities nearby having sunshine along with the same predicted rain/t-storms we're suppose to have. So, that's why I find clouds okay during rain. And a summer cloudy day, for me personally, is enjoyable after a prolonged period of mostly sunny skies. That's just the way I like it. It's not the city's fault!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh