Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 AM

803 posts, read 2,970,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonlyUncommon View Post
Then by all means, please list the over 20 stations Pittsburghers can listen to in Pittsburgh that played the music that was listened to. Not all music played was 'thug life' music, as you put it. We don't have to like every song that comes across the radio (as I didn't) but I won't judge someone else's choice of music and expression.

Why "list" them for your benefit, when all you have to do is tune your dial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times
Latest update on the WAMO deal;

Sheridan Broadcasting Sells WAMO Because Of Changing Market - kdka.com (http://kdka.com/local/WAMO.radio.Ron.2.1030201.html - broken link)

Old 09-08-2009, 09:50 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,496,883 times
Sad day...
(from Wikipedia)
"As of 6:07PM EST, Tuesday, September 8, 2009, WAMO-FM 106.7 discontinued broadcasting. Its last song was Boyz II Men's 'It's So Hard to Say Goodbye To Yesterday', and then silence."

Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,675 times
This sale dont surprise me however i think its sad to see pgh selling wamo there are people that do like a variety off old school hip hop m r&b wamo was the only station i listened to i enjoy the oldschool and others do to. i loved wamo and im sad to see it go

Old 10-18-2009, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,675 times
Default wamo gone:(

I think its ignorant to say that the old school Hip Hop n R&B that wamo played is considered an "exclusively to young poor ghetto culture".Little Mizz Pittsburgh you might not of liked Wamo but i no tons of people that all they listened to was Wamo and its pathetic that now theres not one good hip hop n R&B station in pgh!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay5212 View Post
I think its ignorant to say that the old school Hip Hop n R&B that wamo played is considered an "exclusively to young poor ghetto culture".Little Mizz Pittsburgh you might not of liked Wamo but i no tons of people that all they listened to was Wamo and its pathetic that now theres not one good hip hop n R&B station in pgh!
I don't even know what the heck you're talking about, and at this point, in this thread, I really don't even care because whatever I said, that must've pissed you off, was said months ago and I don't remember, nor do I care to go back and look. However, I can agree with you that its quite pathetic that there is not one good hip hop and R&B station here. I know a few folks, who came in from out of town, a couple of weeks ago, who were born and raised here, and were saddened to find out that there was no more WAMO, that they could listen to, while driving.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:40 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,938,397 times
Get Sirius radio...the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh