Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

Malpractice. Unless there is a certain type of lawyer that sues health systems. I think that's a different time of lawsuit. Isn't it? Know anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 AM

33 posts, read 110,600 times
You need a medical malpractice attorney if it's health care related and/or an error done during health care. Some good ones for medical mal who may take your case are:

Neil Rosen
Rosen Louik & Perry PC
Attorney Neil Rosen, Rosen Louik & Perry, P.C., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Neil can be a pain to deal with sometimes because he likes to operate his way and may not want to do it the way you want it done but he said he’s one of the best.

John Gismondi

Gismondi and Associates
About Our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers, Pennsylvania Car Accident Attorneys

Victor Pribanic
Pribanic & Pribanic
One downfall is that his office is in McKeesport but he may have other locations
Pribanic & Pribanic, Pittsburgh, PA, personal injury lawyers

Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 AM

371 posts, read 798,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Malpractice. Unless there is a certain type of lawyer that sues health systems. I think that's a different time of lawsuit. Isn't it? Know anyone?
It depends. If the action is related to the performance of or failure to perform a medical procedure by a medical practitioner it is an allegation of malpractice and a malpractice lawyer would be advised.

If the issue is related to the failure of the system, and not of an individual practitioner, it may be wrongful death or wrongful injury, as in the case of the woman who died on the roof of Montefiore Hospital wherein the plaintiff alleges multiple failures of practice and procedure were to blame. In these cases a general tort lawyer would suffice.

If the issue is related to the business practices of a health care system, such as the allegation by WPAHS that UPMC and Highmark colluded to inflate the cost of care and drive WPAHS out of business, that would be a different kind of lawyer.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:19 AM

374 posts, read 1,284,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

Sorry for bumping a old thread but please tell me this pending law suit is against UPMC?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Try Harry Cohen Associates, I know the guy, a pit bull.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLeaphorn View Post
It depends. If the action is related to the performance of or failure to perform a medical procedure by a medical practitioner it is an allegation of malpractice and a malpractice lawyer would be advised.

If the issue is related to the failure of the system, and not of an individual practitioner, it may be wrongful death or wrongful injury, as in the case of the woman who died on the roof of Montefiore Hospital wherein the plaintiff alleges multiple failures of practice and procedure were to blame. In these cases a general tort lawyer would suffice.

If the issue is related to the business practices of a health care system, such as the allegation by WPAHS that UPMC and Highmark colluded to inflate the cost of care and drive WPAHS out of business, that would be a different kind of lawyer.
It's sort of a blend of all three! The first scenario being a result of the other two.

It's not a malpractice lawsuit. My focus is the health care system.

I need to find a lawyer who will help figure out the best course of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
Sorry for bumping a old thread but please tell me this pending law suit is against UPMC?
Yes.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM

LAMBSN & COPANUT

Thank you for your recommendations.

I really apprecitate it!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM

374 posts, read 1,284,864 times
[quote=Hopes;8987504]It's sort of a blend of all three! The first scenario being a result of the other two.

It's not a malpractice lawsuit. My focus is the health care system.

I need to find a lawyer who will help figure out the best course of action.

Yes. [/quote]

Thank you! Someone needs to stand up to these guys. I wish I was old enough to file a suite when my gram passed.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 AM

371 posts, read 798,423 times
John A. C a p u t o and Associates.

Sorry I had to put spaces in the name but the bb was converting the characters into asterisks.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:02 PM

33 posts, read 110,600 times
I named some first above but others have named Harry S. Cohen and John Ca****....I have to also agree with both of these. My company actually defense medical malpractice claims (not for UPMC) but we hate seeing complaints or summons from both Cohen and Ca****. Both of them as well as the others I listed will file suit against a health system if you have a good case (I've encountered it before from them.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh