Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 16,675 times

Advertisements

Would someone tell me if there are any commuter parking lots along 279 coming from the north that would allow me to catch public transit to PNC park at about 10:30 am on a weekday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Are you looking for a park-n-ride in the North Hills that has a bus route going past PNC park?

There's one in Shaler on Mt. Royal Boulevard and the Shaler Shopping Center next to the high school.

The 1D goes through North Side. You'll be dropped off about a block away from PNC park.

Honestly, ANY bus from a park-n-ride goes into downtown. The walk from downtown to PNC park is very doable.

Here's a map the Port Authority park-n-ride locations:

http://www.otma-pgh.org/images/map3.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-30-2009, 12:35 AM

1,758 posts, read 4,231,112 times
You could simply park at Northway Mall or Ross Park Mall and take the 12A North Hills shopper and get off on the North Side and walk a few blocks to PNC Park. Nobody will notice that you are not shopping there. Here is a schedule. http://www.portauthority.org/PAAC/apps/pdfs/12A.pdf
Heading into town, you will get off just before crossing the 9th Street(Rachel Carson) Bridge. PNC Park is three blocks west on Federal. When leaving town, you will catch the 12A at the bus stop at the northern end of the 7th Street (Andy Warhol) Bridge. You will walk two blocks east to get the outbound bus from PNC Park. I don't know how familiar you are with McKnight Road, but you can park for free at the malls if you don't want to drive into the city or pay to park around the stadium. Make sure that you utilize the box at the top of the schedule to make the figures larger and easier to see. They are in %. Also, not all stops are listed on the schedule. There are stops where I above mentioned. Those on the schedule are major stops and are also listed to give a time estimate.

Last edited by nuwaver88; 05-30-2009 at 12:54 AM..

Old 05-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Sorry, should have said I have never been to Pittsburgh , was hoping to get a exit name or number off 279 coming from the north where there would be a park and ride lot. Am trying to avoid as much city traffic as possible.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:43 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
You'll want the Warrendale park-n-ride. It's at Brush Creek and Warrendale-Bayne roads off the Warrendale exit on 279.

Here's the location: warrendale bayne road and brush creek road, warrendale, pa - Google Maps

Here's the bus schedule: http://www.portauthority.org/PAAC/apps/pdfs/13K.pdf

It's only scheduled for early in the morning and late after noon rush hour commutes.

I can almost guarantee you that you'll have to take the bus into Downtown and then walk across the bridge to PNC Park.

It's not a big deal. You can walk from one side of downtown to the entire other side in 10 minutes.

Since there isn't a bus for the time you want, you'll probably have to drive into downtown.

City traffic at 10:30 am isn't that bad. Catching a bus and walking around trying to find the bus stop for returning to my vehicle would be more stressful to me.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:41 PM

Thank you so much the links were very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh