Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 AM

14 posts, read 53,527 times

Advertisements

Fios is much better then comcast, have it and love it for HD TV and internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,622 times
How is the HD DVR for FIOS? How much of an extra monthly charge is there for it? I hate the Comcast HD DVR, there is so much lag and freezing up when browsing the menus. I'm stuck in a stupid 2 year contract with Comcast for their "Triple Play" bundle because FIOS tv wasn't available in my area when I signed up. But now it is and I'll switch as soon as the contract expires. I never even wanted the "Triple Play", just tv and internet, but I had to add their phone service or I'd end up paying MORE than I would without it. So freaking stupid. Can't wait to give FIOS a try.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
everything works fine, but don't ever try to place an order for anything online. i scheduled to have phone and internet set up online and it confirmed everything and then my work order apparently just kind of vanished into the ether. i ended up going something like a month with no phone or internet in my new house. then, silly me, i did the same thing with tv and the same thing happened.

when i called customer service they were like "oh yeah, orders from the website just don't go through" as if that's no big deal. i like to do everything on the web and there are constantly problems with their site - it won't recognize my login for no apparent reason, i get errors trying to go to certain pages (especially help files), etc etc.

go ahead and get it, just call them to set it up.
Judging by this I may have a problem ordering a CD from Half.com or soemthing from Amazon? Would I be better off getting a dish and using Verizon internet (not Fios?) I am confused...

Last edited by raubre; 05-02-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 01:33 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,573,359 times
You can order from amazon or whatever fine once you have fios. Just don't use the internet to order the fios service itself.

I thought FIOS was a lot better than Comcast myself for both TV and internet.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:55 PM

366 posts, read 944,192 times
Consumerist.com: Comcast Is Worst Company in America

'nuff said...

Old 05-03-2010, 05:16 PM

475 posts, read 571,061 times
I love FiOS. Unfortunately I'm moving to what seems to be the only neighborhood in Pittsburgh without it this month.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,510 times
It's all in your individual experience and definitely your location. Personally, I will NEVER have a Verizon service enter my home EVER again. I had their landline and DSL. My goodness, if there was ever a service interruption, they couldn't give a crap less. God forbid I had to call, I wouldn't see a technician for AT LEAST a week and I was supposed to be okay with that. So after that experience with those services, I refuse to even chance another Verizon service of any kind. Comcast on the other hand ... they've been out in my neighborhood at 830 at night working and fixing problems. My price always stays the same, if it doesn't, I call, they rebundle me, yada yada. Extremely few service interruptions, etc. But once again, your area may be different. My vote is for Comcast.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 AM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,078 times
I have DirecTV and I'm satisfied with it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:37 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,361 times
I have had FIOS since August, 2009, and has been great. FAR better than lousy Comcast, and the price is essentially the same, with many more cable channels.
I don't understand how Comcast stays in business; I don't know if I have ever heard a positive word about them.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 AM

366 posts, read 944,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I love FiOS. Unfortunately I'm moving to what seems to be the only neighborhood in Pittsburgh without it this month.
You must mean the Pittsburgh area. What Pittsburgh zip codes have access to FIOS? Verizon announced it was coming to Pittsburgh last year but the rollout is over a 6 year period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh