Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:41 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,975,035 times

Advertisements

No, I dont' think it is what I'm looking for; I'm EXTREMELY leery of anything cars or financing from JD Byrider. I live on the busline and work in Oakland usually (but sometimes I work way way outside of anything on a busline) so I CAN get by without a car (unless my work starts to complain that I'm not mobile enough for different worksites), it just would be very very nice to have one, especially for longer trips to visit family and friends. Thanks for the extra suggestion though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
This recommendation isn't a guarantee. The lending company he uses doesn't usually finance to people who don't have credit. But he's a fairly good judge of character, and he'll go to bat for you if he believes you are a good risk. Sometimes he's able to pursuade the lending company to make a loan.

Mike T Auto Sales

http://www.miketautosales.com/default.asp?newused=1 (broken link)

His cars turn over fairly quickly. If there's nothing you like on the lot, it's likely there will be something you like a week later.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post

Thanks, do you know the names of any of the ones south of the city? I've only found All Pro Auto Mall in that direction, Tex's listed above, and North Hills Auto Mall (which seems to be one step INTO the junkyard)
I'd do some research on All Pro, seriously. Just do a net search. Moving over toward Fayette county you'll find Cossell's just outside of Uniontown. They do buy-here, pay-here and have a large selection. Mondale's on route 40 does guaranteed credit but has a selection of mostly pickups. You might find a nice car or van though. Ansell's on route 21 does guaranteed but has a limited selection, maybe ten cars tops at a time. Oscar Pearson's does b-h, p-h but whatever you buy, you'll be the last owner before the wrecking yard.

www.mondalesautosales.com

www.cossellsautosales.com

www.anselsautosales.com

Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
btw, the more money you have to put down on a car, the more likely you can get a loan without credit.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,975,035 times
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll look into them. I got approved or a new car loan from chevy, but I'd need 1500 down (about a month away from having that) and a new car payment is a little more than I am comfortable with (somehow a new aveo with no features other than automatic transmission gets up to 14,700 out the door?). I also think that I can get a cosigner now, so that opens up a lot of my options.

I wish I could do it without a cosigner, but I guess I don't have a lot of choice.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:43 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
Tex's and Blair Auto on the Oakmont side of New Ken if they do financing. They paint the price and the major thing(s) wrong with the car on the windshield and there's a lot of cars to look at.

You're getting excellent advice from everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh