Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 PM

39 posts, read 79,789 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

Great information posted here for incoming residents. We (a young professional couple) will be moving to Pittsburgh very soon and need to decide exactly where to live.

After much much research, all things considering, it seems that we will be ending up in either Lincoln Place or Brookline.

I would greatly appreciate any information on these two areas, specifically about the commute to the Allegheny Hospital area. I noticed its about 10 miles from Lincoln Place, which in many urban cities can result in an hour drive due to traffic. Any other information would be great also, like safety, convenience (shopping, restaurants), etc.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 08:48 AM

299 posts, read 1,008,830 times
I'm not terribly familiar with either neighborhood, but I do know that the city's best pizza (Fiori's) is located in Brookline!!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Brookline would not be an hour commute to the city by any means at all. I am not TERRIBLY familiar with both of those cities, but judging by their surrounding area, I would imagine they would be reasonably priced but with only mediocre neighborhoods.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Allegheny Hospital area
Are you talking about Allegheny General on the North Side? If so, there are many nicer and more convenient places to live! If it is indeed Allegheny General and you want a few suggestions, let me know!

Even the Mexican War Streets on the North Shore are being renovated and some look really great!!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 AM

299 posts, read 1,008,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
Are you talking about Allegheny General on the North Side?
There's also Allegheny Valley Hospital in Natrona Heights, but chances are the OP means Allegheny General ...

Old 04-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Allegheny Valley Hospital in Natrona Heights
Actually that is now Alle-Kiski Medical Center of Natrona Heights, but it is still part of West Penn Allegheny Health System.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 AM

2 posts, read 10,816 times
Default Lincoln Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Steeler View Post
Hi Guys,

Great information posted here for incoming residents. We (a young professional couple) will be moving to Pittsburgh very soon and need to decide exactly where to live.

After much much research, all things considering, it seems that we will be ending up in either Lincoln Place or Brookline.

I would greatly appreciate any information on these two areas, specifically about the commute to the Allegheny Hospital area. I noticed its about 10 miles from Lincoln Place, which in many urban cities can result in an hour drive due to traffic. Any other information would be great also, like safety, convenience (shopping, restaurants), etc.

Thanks in advance.
I grew up in Lincoln Place. I currently live in Lincoln Place. My entire family lives in Lincoln Place. Once you have lived here you will want to stay here. It is a great neighborhood very much like "Mayberry". We have a wonderful Memorial Day Parade every year with marching High School band. Classic cars and even horses. It is a tight-knit community, very friendly people and safe. If you choose to live in Lincoln Place ~ you will not regret it. The commute to your job if I think is Allegheny General Hospital is accessible by hitting the Parkway and then over the Fort Duquesne Bridge into Northside would take approximately 30 minutes. The neighborhood near your prospective job is not a very safe neighborhood but Lincoln Place outshines most of the city neighborhoods with feeling safe in a big city. It is much like living in the country but yet close enough to the big city.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 10,816 times
Lincoln Place is a great city neighborhood to live in. It much like "Mayberry" with great,friendly people and very community oriented neighborhood. It is near shopping venues. Close to Century 3 shopping area and Waterfront shopping area. Nice area with reasonable housing prices and safe neighborhood. Country style living with close proximity to the city. Also lots of great restaurants in close proximity. You would definitely like Lincoln Place.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
I decided to try a new street from Route 837 and ended up in Lincoln Place one day. I was amazed that it was like a bit of the country so close to the city. Well-kept houses, nice gardens, people on their porches, kids out riding their bikes and playing. Looks like an area that generations have lived in. Lots of trees and very quiet. I'll wager that houses don't go on the market there very much because they stay in the family.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:42 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Now I know why you hate Pittsburgh. You live in Lincoln Place. Nice way to judge a whole city by one tiny neighbohood. I used to live in LP and it does not represent the city as a whole. It represents more suburbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh