Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:07 PM

105 posts, read 365,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoocheck View Post
I guess so. Naturally a "rapid transit" line going straight through wouldn't make sense, at least. Maybe if the population and bus ridership when the development is complete ends up being significant something else would be feasible. I couldn't say. But in any case, hopefully some day, Summerset would have at least some access to rapid transit. It doesn't necessarily have to be straight through the neighborhood; a good deal of the finished development would be within a walkable distance of Browns Hill Rd. But yes, this would be a much different set-up that that with rapid transit traversing Squirrel Hill, Oakland, etc.
yes, I think the expectation is that Summerset residents will be able to get to Brown's Hill Road and take the Rapid service replacing the current 61C.

I note that the 74A south of Beacon St is also being eliminated. So, unless I'm missing something, it looks there will be no bus service west of Murray Ave/Brown's Hill Rd and south of Beacon in Squirrel Hill (including Summerset as a kind of extension of Squirrel Hill). That's a pretty wide swath of the city's most populous neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:19 PM

105 posts, read 365,220 times
I was missing the 67H which will still operate on Beacon to Darlington to Beechwood to Forward. So it would be the area south of Forward that would not have a shuttle/connecting route.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,599,647 times
Not sure if anyone is interested, but PAT has a put up a blog about the proposals, if you afre interested in reading or posting....

TransitBlog - Port Authority of Allegheny County

Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,671,314 times
What PAT should do is follow something along of the lines of these two fantasy maps:

//www.city-data.com/forum/24981071-post66.html

Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,798,063 times
Interesting. When viewing the route map for the 28X on the PAT site by way of viewing the system map, up pops this:

Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,685,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
Interesting. When viewing the route map for the 28X on the PAT site by way of viewing the system map, up pops this:
I can't quite make out that image. Did they cut off the IKEA stops? (please please pretty pleaaaaaase)

Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM

6,596 posts, read 8,916,294 times
What are the "Transit Centers" in Bellevue and off of 279?

Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,798,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
I can't quite make out that image. Did they cut off the IKEA stops? (please please pretty pleaaaaaase)
According to this quote from one of the long-dead links from 2009 upthread, the roundabout Robinson routing would be removed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLink
Route 28X would be upgraded to provide premium Rapid Bus service between the Airport, downtown Pittsburgh, and Oakland. The route, which would be renamed Route R28 Airport Rapid, would be reconfigured to operate more directly (by skipping the deviation through Robinson Town Centre) and to use the proposed Rapid Bus corridor between downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland. In addition, the buses would be equipped with racks to
better accommodate luggage.
. . .
Summary of Recommended Changes:
* Upgrade to Rapid Bus Service: Operate directly from Airport to downtown Pittsburgh via Routes 22 and 60, and the West Busway (without the deviation through Robinson Town Centre). Operate between Downtown and Oakland via proposed 5th Avenue Rapid Bus corridor.
* Reconfigure buses to provide luggage racks.
* Operate at 30 minute frequencies throughout the day.
* Charge a premium fare for cash riders, most of whom are air passengers and would be less price sensitive than regular transit riders. However, to avoid cost increases for airport employees, pass riders could continue to use regular passes.
Additionally, if you click on the route map for the G2, you get this:

Click on the PDF schedule for both, and you get the current versions of the G2 and the 28X with the Robinson portion. Very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
What are the "Transit Centers" in Bellevue and off of 279?
Good question! I wonder if something that PAT is not quite ready to announce is slipping out a bit. Or, these are relics that were never removed completely. I'm especially curious as to why Robinson is surrounded by a darkened blob (I thought those were confined to Phoenixville).

Old 10-09-2013, 05:02 PM

814 posts, read 1,143,699 times
I stumbled upon something weird like that a couple of months ago, where the 61A and B were called the "R1" and "R2" respectively (see attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
PAT posts Transit Development Plan-61b.jpg  

Old 10-09-2013, 05:03 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,685,877 times
So is this R28 actually happening? Or LIRefugee just stumble upon a super old image?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh